Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Detention was alright as a comedy I guess - it felt like a weird blend of not another teen movie and scary movie. I lost interest about a third of the way in, but it picked up again near the end with the bear.

I wish they'd add more to the horror section. I've binged through all the hellraisers/wishmasters more than I can count, and grave encounters and all the other found footage ones they have are getting a bit old. What I'd really like to see is them adding more (or preferably, all of the) scifi/syfy original movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

So netflix came to a bunch of new European countries in the past few days. Anyone find anything cool/new available unique to those regions? I'm in Switzerland and am finding that I can't watch a lot of the things I can when I am using my vpn, but I found they do have stargate atlantis (which was already on amazon prime, but it was incredibly frustrating binging through shows without netflix's autoplay next episode feature). My netflix app is all screwed up when I turn my vpn off/on now so it's hard to know what is or isn't available without clicking on it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

Seeing "I don't like werewolves and vampires," Priznat replies "Well have I got the werewolf/vampire show for you!"

To be fair there are only a handful of werewolf/vampire focused episodes, and honestly they are among the worst episodes and could probably be skipped. In any case, the episodes with them are more about the main characters hunting them down and killing them, rather than focusing on ~vampire culture~ or whatever like most of the shows/movies involving them. There is one episode that is a lovely ripoff of Twilight where they find some animal blood drinking vampires, and a very very awful episode in season 9 with vampire/werewolf crime "families" or whatever, but other than those I think it'd be a pretty good show even to a person who doesn't like vampire/werewolf shows. If you don't like shows about demons/angels though it's probably not the show for you because really that's mostly what it's about, especially in season 4 and 5 which are, in my opinion, by far the best ones.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Retail Slave posted:

I'm thinking of getting into The Tudors. Is it worth it?

I enjoyed it - I'd recommend it as long as you aren't the type that rages when a semi-historical show gets the history wrong (which it does, in a lot of ways). It can be a little slow at times, and it can get a little excessive on the nudity, but "loving garbage" is uncalled for.

• Locked thread