Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Season 1 of American Horror Story just became available on instant.

edit: Also, Vanishing on 7th Street was pretty good. Some pretty freaky scenes in it and might make you scared of the dark again.

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Nov 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
2 things

1) Reservoir Dogs starts on SHOSH(Showtime Showcase) in 5 min.

2) Bad Lieutenant the 1992 NC-17 version with Harvey Keitel is on instant. Nun rape.
I'ts in the description....I'm not giving anything away. That nun is smoking hot too.

e: I just realized they were both made in '92.

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Dec 8, 2012

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

cornface posted:

Everybody watch Bad Lieutenant. It is the best.

Did you see the remake with Nic Cage in New Orleans? I heard it was good. But Nic Cage...

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Stakeland was added at some point. Awesome, awesome movie.

When it comes to post-apocalyptic vampire movies on Netflix, this is a good one. Way better than Daybreakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNC2HwAaWWE

That was better than I expected. Martin also plays Declan on the series Revenge.

vvv Also better than I expected. Cool movie. vvv

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Dec 9, 2012

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
It's been crapping out on me between episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I just close the browser and restart it and usually it starts working again.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

scary ghost dog posted:

This is Dance Dance Revolution meets The Warriors in 8 Mile. Check it out, it's fantastic.

I was all :psyduck: so I looked it up and your description is surprisingly accurate.

Netflix posted:

In this outrageous sci-fi send-up, revenge-thirsty warrior JTRO and merciless L Dubba E wage a bitter turf war for control of Frazier Park, with dominance turning on mastery of the ancient techniques of the dance video game Beat Beat Revolution.

Average of 7,984 ratings: 2.8 stars

meh why not.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
:siren: "That Mitchell and Webb Look" will no longer be available after 1/1/13. :siren:

Check your list. It's not the only title that will no longer be available on the 1st.

The Story of 1 is also gonna be cut.

e: numberwang

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Dec 27, 2012

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Maybe I'm a bit late to the party on this but the anime version of Fist of the North Star is on Youtube, The whole movie. I tried to buy this a while back and couldn't find it and here it is in all it's guts exploding glory. Yay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwnM3eMh3Q8

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I watched The Warriors last night, and there has never been a more accurate depiction of taking the N/Q/R to Brooklyn after 11 o'clock.

I love that movie. James Remar is Ajax in it - he currently plays Dexters dad in Dexter.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

wormil posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a 2nd season of Lilyhammer starting soon?

Also: Kevin Spacey is starring in a Netflix original series? :drat:
And it starts tomorrow.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/House_of_Cards/70178217?trkid=2361637

You should watch the original House of Cards. Great series and Ian Richardson is loving awesome in his role.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm watching Erasing Hate right now. I had no idea that it hurt a lot more to get tattoos removed than to get them put on. 30+ shots into the face and then the laser starts in. Think I'm gonna stay tat free...and nazi free.

Gah...he looks like he's had the poo poo beat out of him after one of those treatments.

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Apr 2, 2013

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just watched The Terminator again on HBO Go. I still love that movie. I never noticed that Bill Paxton is "Punk Leader" and the gap between his teeth is a mile wide.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just noticed that End of Watch is on instant. I thought it was a pretty good cop movie.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tardcore posted:

Well you can see all the South Park episodes on Comedy Centrals website, Workaholics not so much though.

Looks like they are all on southparkstudios.com too. And it says season 17 starts on 9/25 :)

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
1st 3 episodes of Alpha House are on Amazon Prime. It's got John Goodman in it and Bill Murray was in the 1st few minutes that I've watched.

Amazon posted:

A comedy featuring John Goodman. Re-election battles, looming indictments, parties, their Party... these senators need a drink. And a new housemate. Watch the first 3 episodes free. New episodes exclusively for Amazon Prime members.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Hannibal just came out on Amazon. I liked the first few episodes that I watched.

For those of you that like Damian Lewis and turn of the century English Masterpiece Classic type of things, you might like The Forsyte Saga.

Wiki posted:

The Forsyte Saga, first published under that name in 1922, is a series of three novels and two interludes published between 1906 and 1921 by Nobel Prize-winning English author John Galsworthy. They chronicle the vicissitudes of the leading members of an upper class British family, similar to Galsworthy's own.[1] Only a few generations removed from their farmer ancestors, the family members are keenly aware of their status as "new money". The main character, Soames Forsyte, sees himself as a "man of property" by virtue of his ability to accumulate material possessions—but this does not succeed in bringing him pleasure.

Damian Lewis plays stuffy stuck up Soames and people get called "bounder". It's great.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Twitch posted:

I'm a little more than halfway into the first season of Hannibal, and it's definitely worth watching, it starts pretty strong and gets really good when the overarching plotlines start to come together.

And I think I've recommended it before in this thread, but if you like Mads Mikkelsen, you should definitely watch Valhalla Rising.

Holy poo poo I didn't realize that was him. He's so clean and proper in his nice suits and fancy house in Hannibal. Though he is still chopping people up...

I haven't watched it yet, but he's also in some movie about a guy being accused of being a pedo that just came out on netflix.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I still think Doakes was the best character on Dexter.

e: forgot mention that The Americans is on Amazon and it's awesome. Also Amazon is doing something where people vote to decide if a pilot gets picked up. I'll list out the ones I've seen:

The After
An Amazon Original Pilot: From Chris Carter, creator of The X-Files. Eight strangers are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation.
Starring: Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard

I liked it but wish they would have explained what was going on a bit more. Also, Aldis Hodge from Leverage is in it.

Mozart in the Jungle
An Amazon Original Pilot: Sex, drugs--and classical music--what happens behind the curtains at the symphony can be just as captivating as what happens on stage. Created by Paul Weitz (About A Boy), Roman Coppola (The Darjeeling Limited), Jason Schwartzman (Moonrise Kingdom) and Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher).
Starring: Gael Garcia Bernal, Malcolm McDowell

I really liked this one. Malcolm McDowell is a hilarious grumpy gently caress.

There are 3 more of these and a bunch of kids shows they are piloting. I think I'm going to check out "Bosch" with Titus Welliver next.

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Feb 8, 2014

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Netflix just got a crapload of stuff today including The Graduate. If you haven't seen The Graduate, :wtf:???????????

e: I just started watching something else that just got released called "Mortified Nation" and I'm pretty sure everyone that has gotten on stage so far is/was a goon and posted in E/N a lot.

quote:

This painfully funny documentary follows the Mortified movement, a grassroots series of stage events in which adults share some of their most embarrassing childhood writings, art and media, all in front of total strangers.

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Apr 1, 2014

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Heavy Metal is now available. Take some acid and watch it.

e: Also watch Beware of Mr.Baker which is a great documentary about Ginger Baker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 04:07 on May 2, 2014

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
This release took me a bit off guard.

Trailer Park Boys Live In F**kin' Dublin

quote:

The boys head to Ireland after winning a contest to see Rush but are arrested by immigration and must perform a community service puppet show.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Amazon Prime has 15 seasons of Comedy Central Presents on. Some seasons have 2 dozen different shows. Anyone got any recommendations on some of the lesser known comedians it has? I've seen all the ones that have/had/been in a TV series. Also, Maria Bamford is season 5 episode 2.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is Frankenstein's Army a rip off of some other movie? I thought I remember something advertised that was similar.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Stupendous Man posted:

You're probably thinking of "I, Frankenstein", which was bizarrely advertised all over the place.

That's it! Thanks

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Has anyone watched The Spoils of Babylon?

It's got Tobey Maguire, Kristen Wiig, Tim Robbins, Jelly Howie, Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Haley Joel Osment, Michael Sheen, Will Ferrell, Steve Tom and a bunch of other people

quote:

A send-up of romantic potboiler miniseries of the past, this star-studded, six-part saga focuses on the complex lives of the oil-rich Morehouse clan.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
The 1st season of Salem is on Netflix. Reminds me a little of American Horror Story, lots of sex and gore. It's got 13 45 minute episodes if ya got a day to kill.

They also have a lot of actors from other TV shows in it, I kept having to go back and check IMDB to figure out where I saw someone from(ER, Terranova, Revenge, Tudors, Fringe, ect...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
They mentioned they were at a good altitude for the arm freezing....maybe the altitude dropped a bit with the plane thing and where they ended up? Also maybe they were going fast enough early on in the film to get past the avalanches? They were going a lot slower when they got hit

Lol, I hear a train horn in the distance as I hit submit

• Locked thread