Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
<--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

44 Inch Chest is worth seeing for John Hurt's performance alone. Bonus Ian McShane.

This movie didn't get reviewed very well for some reason, but the performances were fantastic and really enjoyed it. Everyone kept trying to compare the writing to Tarantino and said it wasn't as good, which seems ridiculous to me.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Doesn't the Miramax deal go live today? I don't seen anything new stuff on streaming yet and it's going to be really slow to day at work :smith:

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

The Man From Nowhere

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Man_from_Nowhere/70159333?trkid=2361637

This was a hit at Fantastic Fest last year, and I see why. It's basically the Korean version of "Taken", but it's much more awesome than that.

I heartily recommend.

Confirming this was a really, really good movie. It was sort of like Taken, but at least 10 times better.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I didn't get that impression at all. His sense of humor is a lot more sarcastic and deadpan when he's not on stage, just because there isn't a rimshot and laugh track after every joke doesn't mean he isn't, in fact, joking.

I very much prefer that style of comedy, his standup is way too scripted, he's always been the funniest when he's not reading of a prompter(like when he went to Canada, or to Finland, for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

That episode was awesome, I love how the X-Files would have a really great tongue-in-cheek episode every now and again. My favorite was the vampire episode, I can't remember the title. The series did kind of go downhill though, which was sad, but I ought to watch it again, too.

• Locked thread