Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

coyo7e posted:

Weird, Netflix was suggesting this one to me at like less than 3 stars, and I almost ALWAYS rate his movies 4-5.

Ditto. I could have sworn the Transporter movies were streaming at one point. I'd love to watch those three again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
How soon so the Marvel movies start to stream after the DVD release? I thought Avengers hit pretty quickly, but can't remember Iron Man 1/2. I was planning on renting Iron Man 3 for the wife to see, but may just wait for Netflix.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Woah, looks like The Legend is Born: Ip Man just came out. I have yet to watch it, but absolutely loved the first two movies. This one is set during his younger years when he is still perfecting Wing Chun. Unfortunately it isn't Donnie Yen this time around, but I am sure it's still great.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I know this is a movies thread, but does anyone have any idea how long it took Sherlock Season 2 to show up after it aired? I cannot wait to get started on Season 3, and you can't stream from BBC unless you are in the UK.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

owl_pellet posted:

Instant Watcher says series 2 became available on September 23, 2012:

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/182495

and the original air date for the premiere was January 1, 2012:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sherlock_episodes#Series_2_.282012.29

So like 9 to 10 months if the lag time for series 2 is any indication. The lag time for series 1 was like 16 months though so who knows really.

Well that's a handy site, and that's a terrible delay. Thanks!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Deadite posted:

Sherlock is premiering on PBS next week though, and will probably be available through their site around the same time.

You just made my night. Thread delivers!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is The Last Stand as terrible as I imagine? I could do with a dumb action movie with a bottle of whiskey nearby.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Helbeast posted:

It's not the complete season though, it's missing about 28 episodes of the Indigo League. Like 6 of them are the banned episodes but I'm not sure what the other episodes missing are. Probably just the actually Indigo League battles because I think they are considered the start of season 2 by VizKids.

How in the world does a Pokemon episode get banned. Pikachu gets slapped around a little too hard? Koffing smokes some weed?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Inudeku posted:

To an extent. This series in particular is cringe worthy some times. I'm so glad I got my anime watching out when I was a weird 15 year old.

I'd still watch Dragon Ball Z though.

I'll petition to get DBZ Abridged on Netflix.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Trips posted:

I can't watch anything with Forest Whitaker anymore, that eye of his just distracts me any time he's on screen.

Well how else is he supposed to read the script while acting?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Noggahide posted:

It now costs an additional $4 a month to stream on up to only 4 devices at the same time. I just found out about this today, not sure how long that has been in place.
:(

Narco Cultura: Documentary about the culture surrounding the cartels and the violence that goes along with it. Very interesting.

How/why are you streaming so many things at once? My kids watch stuff on their tablets/tvs all the time and we have never even hit our current limit of 2 devices.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

pizza cat posted:

Can we request TV recommendations? My husband and I like to watch TV after work. However, he works a very emotionally draining job, and most of the good stuff out there today is really grimdark. Anyone have any recommendations for light-hearted or funny shows available to stream? We recently marathoned through Psych and loved it. Already seen 30 Rock and the like.

I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I just started watching Lie to Me again. It isn't super light hearted, but it's a fun take on the "find out who the bad guy is" kind of shows. The group reads body language to discover lies and reveal the truth behind all suspects. It has its chuckle moments as well. I can certainly unwind with an episode before I head to bed.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Flashpoint is fantastic, thanks for the recommendations here. Though am I supposed to get a little misty eyed every single episode? God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HogX posted:

Snowpiercer was pretty good. I didn't know it was based on a book or a series, I'll have to check that out. Also Journey Into The West is a good movie. Now I need to watch more, might re-watch kung fu hustle again.

I watched Journey Into The West last night and really couldn't get in to it. It was ridiculous, but not in a fun way like Kung Fu Hustle. A lot of the jokes fell flat as well. I'm still waiting for Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer to be usurped.

• Locked thread