Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

madlilnerd posted:

My family have to hand-saw all the wood for our fireplace because we're too cheap to use a power saw or turn on the central heating and our axe is crappy :saddowns:

Wandering Knitter- buy some land, build a house and start a croft raising sheep and selling handspun wool and charging yarn freaks to come out on holiday. Go on. I dare you.

http://www.esthersplacefibers.com/

They kind of do and they're awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Chill your cake before cutting it in half in the fridge and an icing spatula. The smoother your surface the easier it is to get smooth frosting on it.

vv yes this too because I am a space cadet. It is called a crumb coat. Do it.

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 21, 2010

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

You can work with it slightly chilled depending on the type of frosting but I wouldn't leave it too close to the cooling element in your fridge, y'know? Sometimes that can be a matter of preference. It looks great though :) I'd eat the hell out of it.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Slung Blade posted:

I mostly chronicle that stuff in the blacksmithing/metal thread, but here you go.

Simple letter openers are pretty much all I've done so far. I have a ton of leaf spring stock that I'll make something out of someday.

:swoon: It's bootyful and I want it.