Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
That's a right fine looking house you've got going on there. Very awesome that you went with a custom design rather than just opting for a modular home of some sort. Overall you seem to be making very good use of the lot space you have available to you by going with the integral garage and second story.

Only thing I might have done differently if it were my house would be to include a proper mudroom (though your garage has pretty of room for an improvised one I suppose) and an exterior man-door on the garage for convenience sake. Hell, considering you have a tractor I don't think it would have been out of line to add a second garage door to the back to allow thru access.

Other than that, props to you for living the dream.

Edit: Oh yeah, was going to mention. You can't drain or fill the wetland bit, but what of deepening/widening it to a proper pond sized swimming hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Well, the main idea of the mudroom is to prevent the stomping of muddy boots across the freshly mopped kitchen floor. But looking at the plans, there's plenty of room in the back right corner of the garage for a bench and some hooks.

As for the man door, that's all-ways a future project for you to consider adding in yourself.

All this looking at house plans reminds me of the set I whipped up in AutoCAD 2k for my Design & Drafting course in high-school. Think I still have them laying around someplace in a portfolio I should dig em out and scan em up to share.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Suddenly I find myself in GWS.
What is it with this thread and awesome stuff?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

Like my old truck has?

Yeah, I'll be building a rack for the Ford. No worries there, I need one to be able to move steel and the canoe. Plus I use it all the time for all kinds of poo poo.

I didn't make my last rack, but I did design it. I couldn't weld back when I had the last one made.

I knew a guy who couldn't weld but needed a ladder rack for his pickup. He happened to have a some old steel bedframes laying around, so he cut those up and just bolted them together. Worked fine for years.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

When I pictured metal roofing I was thinking the vertical steel panel stuff, I didn't know metal shakes were still a thing people used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

When you mentioned your sump had been serving you for 4 years I had a holy poo poo moment and had to go back and check and it's all true, this thread is nearly 4 years old. Still vicariously living the dream through your thread, thanks for running it all this time man.