Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Slung Blade posted:

I posted this in the AI alberta thread, but I may as well put it here. Seems to fit with the ludicrous poo poo that I get up to / happens around me.

Back in march:

So, update on this bullshit now that it's more or less public knowledge through the RCMP.

My first day on the job as mayor, myself and the former board chair waltz into the bank to get the accounts frozen. Former treasurer left our meeting where we elected roles in a huge huff, none of us could figure out why the gently caress they were acting that way, so we figure, eh, may as well take a few precautions before signing authority gets moved over.

We see the bank account balances while locking the accounts and they do not jibe with what has been presented at the annual general meeting. Like, at all. We thought we had 60ish thousand in our treasury, in reality it was about 2k.

Ex-board member was forging cheques and funneling money out of the town's accounts for six loving years and none of us caught on because "lol, small town folks trust each other".

Long story short, we got the RCMP involved, said board member confessed and gave 40k back and promised to get the rest in the next few years, but it was kinda dicey there for a few weeks, we were worried that the hall might have to close for lack of funds to pay for our operating expenses.

So that's what I've been dealing with for the last few months. :suicide:

Myself and the new board are working to address the issues that allowed this to happen in the first place to prevent a recurrence. Multiple and lengthy consultations with our local RCMP detachment has reaped results (and coming from someone who has a lot of criticism for that institution in general, I don't say that lightly), and the corporal handling our case has done a great job getting us to a beneficial state.

So, poo poo, I dunno [ask] me about being a small town mayor now?

Yeah, well, that is hosed up. Will there be a criminal investigation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thinking of you:
http://imgur.com/gallery/cZdgX

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Slung Blade posted:

So given the Canadian election results, I might have to change my plans. Anyone want to help me buy the lot next to me and start a cannabis farm once it's legal? :v:

I think you could do with a heated and lighted greenhouse. your biggest problem will be the gasoline bill for the generators and security fees to local mobsters.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Even though I am a 38 married male, I cannot help but wondering, is there a Mrs Slung Blade? :forkbomb:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Slung Blade posted:

it is so I could have the nicest shop in town.

Find out why his neighbours hate him!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

FCKGW posted:

I can't do poo poo but I'll eat a bunch of your food and then bitch that's it's not the same as the food I had "back home"

It is only a few bad apples that give all refugees a bad name.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

https://www.ebay.com.au/b/Falcon-Car-and-Truck-Complete-Engines/33615/bn_2202270

In some parrallel universe, I won the lottery and had the time and funds to fly to Australia, buy a few of these engines by driving around a shitload and then have them shipped to SSS and SB so I could enjoy their shenanigans from the safety of my couch but now with massive power.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

She? For some reason I imagined you never to be with a woman so me and the lads could dream about a life in the country.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Alpalcas and sheep, shear them and you can knit sweaters.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Also: the low miles on those things are amazing. They might be tough miles but they are govt maintained.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Late to the party but: congrats on the marriage and I am so happy this keeps going. It allows for me to go back to living in the country side, where I grew up.
Visited my parents today and it was odd, being back in town. So I came home and read your adventures and all is well now.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

When did this Lp RL turn into GWS?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I hate you and your kitchen.
Also: I thought we were going to get married. My wife disagrees but she hasn't seen your cooking.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

were the stralyians appropriately worshipful of your smoked meats, because that looks proper skookum

also thanks for an update, I remember back when the SA ladies were hitting on you because of your pie game and you were still getting that place floored and stuff. Nice to see your life progressing well :)

I believe everyone in SA was hitting on him, my world is safer now he is no longer available.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Tell me you sang....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV14jq2n-jg

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Dude, that rocks. My sews a lot and I considered buying her one for projects like that but she laughed at me and said go look at the price...

Last year I bought my SO a sewing machine with a quilting purpose, it was a birthday present. We agreed I am good for at least 5 years.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfZMZHI--6A
Had to think of this guy who build an electric tractor first.

Also nobody commented on the ribs cause we all jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

a local family that needs a cheap 7-seater.
The only difference between 3 and 4 kids is the size of your car. Ask me how I know.