Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

As someone who is in the process of converting a grass lawn to clover I can only applaud your decision.

It supposedly also helps choke off weeds. We'll see. I have so many dandelions in the ditch in front of our house I am praying this is true. Because gently caress weeding by hand :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have a relatively small front lawn so I just bought three or four times as much clover as the bag said i needed and am just seeding into the existing grass. My realistic goal is actually a mixed lawn because I don't hate the grass, I just hate how patchy it gets in places but if the clover takes over and chokes out the grass that's just a bonus for me.

I guess in two weeks I should see whether it took root properly or whether I need some more aggressive tactics.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

dwoloz posted:

Edit: Interplanting clover into grass will make for a lot of wild greenery. The nitrogen hungry grass will enjoy the nitrogen fixing clover and the "dont give a gently caress" clover will continue not giving a gently caress and growing like crazy

Also good. Anything to keep the brown spots down.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's terrible, I'm incredibly sorry to hear that :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah considering the rest of your threads, I have a hard time believing that this is anything but a minor inconvenience on the road to some kind of DIY supermower.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Your electric tractor is nothing short of a work of art. Just putting that out there.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Looks like you have a decent foundation. What's the worst that could happen, your concrete might show a little?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pumpkin pie is my favourite pie. Now I need to make some, you monster :argh:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Edit: I still have no idea what the rain catcher barrel things are for though. Washing tractors and watering plants? I figured Canada gets plenty of rain.

Eh, I used to do that here too. Basically free water for watering the lawn and garden when there's no rain to be seen. Might not save a lot of money vs running the garden hose but hey, it's free water.

I dismantled my rain barrels after they basically turned into giant mosquito breeding ponds though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah, ours were like that too but somehow the water was still infested. I'm sure there was something I did wrong but it's no big deal. Anyway, it was nice to just have free water for the plants and trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Your property is just crying out for an outdoor ice rink.