Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Can you talk a little about the pre-construction phase? Did the general contracting companies have different housing plans for you to choose from that you can make minor changes to, or did the plan get made from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Slung Blade posted:

Oh hey Jingoist, what's up man?

Heh, I was wondering if you'd remember!

As far as sand filters go, I'm not really an expert, but I don't see how sand will remove dissolved-phase minerals from the water. As far as I know sand filters are used mainly to remove suspended sediment. We use Granular Activated Carbon to filter drinking water at my job, but that is probably too expensive to be feasible.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Your going to buy bulk water because the well water is too dirty, right? I guess I don't understand the scope of the problem from the previous picture either. If your well water isn't potable or will stain clothes washed in it, why not get a filtration unit installed? Won't your plumbing need to be redone to accomodate an aboveground storage tank as opposed to water pumped from the well? What do your neighbors do?