Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
Very cool to see the whole process, looks like it'll be a beaut

What are the white pipes from the ceiling in the garage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back

Martytoof posted:

As someone who is in the process of converting a grass lawn to clover I can only applaud your decision.

It supposedly also helps choke off weeds. We'll see. I have so many dandelions in the ditch in front of our house I am praying this is true. Because gently caress weeding by hand :argh:

I've been farming my dandelions...and my neighbors!
The greens are edible (although strong) and the flowers can be made into wine! Wine!

Edit: Interplanting clover into grass will make for a lot of wild greenery. The nitrogen hungry grass will enjoy the nitrogen fixing clover and the "dont give a gently caress" clover will continue not giving a gently caress and growing like crazy

dwoloz fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 17, 2010

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
I have a Sun-Mar compost toilet I luckily snagged on Craigslist for cheap. It's not for everyone but I like it; definitely saves water and a no brainer to install

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
Haha. Like I said, it is not for everyone, but with an open mind, it does make sense and its absolutely sanitary

There are many styles of composting toilets which you can read about online but the commercial toilets generally have a thermostat controlled heating element and a vent (either passive or active). After each, ahem, deposit, an aeration media is added (coconut coir, peat moss or sawdust) and a mixing drum is turned. The goal is to keep the composting mass aerated and not overly wet, just moist.
Theres no odor and twice a year you collect rich compost (its insane how much bulk is removed via composting)

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back

nummy posted:

I vaguely remember a family member having the same problem with their tank filling up really fast. A lot of it was due to waste water from the washing machine. They ended up running a drain out into their back yard (buried drain tile pretty deep) for the wash water. I'm pretty sure it wasn't entirely.... 'legit'... but it drastically reduced the amount of water going into the tank.

I'm not sure it is something I would personally do, but it helped a lot.

Its legitimate in some municipalities. Look into greywater. Its great for watering fruit trees. Best method is to have the water exit buried into a basin of mulch and make sure to use phosphate free biodegradable soap

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back

Backov posted:

Mice are just extra protein for chickens.

Relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRgGlGIwMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwoloz
Oct 20, 2004

Uh uh fool, step back
That funnel works really well for bleeding coolant. Learned about it from this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpXgAJ1gjU

dwoloz fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 2, 2013