Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
The den is only accessible from the Master Bedroom? is this common?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
I just think it's weired that there is a room for this. Like: "I know these things don't belong in my bedroom, but I don't want to share them with anyone." The idea that -understandably- the bedroom is private space, but the den is double-private space. I would feel like I was retreating in my own home. Then again I won't allow kids in my workshop. So I guess would be getting my private time alternatively.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
I've never seen tread or risers like that before either. I'll need to see a picture of the den when you have it furnished. That is if your gimp doesn't poo poo himself at bright flashes. I guess I'm warming up to the idea of private room within your private room. Mine would need a sliding bookcase for a door though.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"

Slung Blade posted:

They're pretty common here, what do you usually see?

Three piece glue-ups at most. What really threw me is that the risers and treads aren't full length. I'm used to them being pre-made and surfaced as one piece per riser/tread.

I don't disapprove of anything in your home at all. It seems like I may be nit-picky on things, but I'm more interested in why things are different than the differences themselves.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
Yeah, they just apply it like a "popcorn" ceiling and the "knockdown" is when they get rid of the stalactites with a trowel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
I've seen the ones stateside that are just a vacuum trapdoor to sweep into.