Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
You seem to be living my dream life, right down to the garden and chickens.

Can...can I live with you? :ohdear: My knitting doesn't take up that much room, and I'm told I make a mean meatloaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

Well, now that all depends. Are you willing to live in Canada's frozen plain?

Yes. And I can knit a cozy for every single item in that house! :eng101:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

As for the mudroom, well, my parents have one, and it just becomes a junk storage closet. I have a hall closet at least, so I can hang up some coats, and some boots maybe, but that's all there's room for. That's all I wanted, it'll keep me honest and prevent me from storing poo poo I don't need.

I find it really depends on the size of the mudroom. I live in an old farmhouse and our mudroom is just big enough for our shoes and a little counter space that we keep the crockpot on.

I think it's more handy if you have a lot to people to track mud in. Or kids.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Cakefool posted:

Nevermind in the house, he's having issues with panelling the tractor - can you knit chainmail? :black101:

Techincally :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

Smoked beef ribs, actually. The bark was amazing.

Also nice, rare, prime rib.

I do smoked turkeys and chickens too.

:aaaaa:

Now that just isn't fair.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Barn Owl posted:

Mine would need a sliding bookcase for a door though.

Barn Owl is right. You're building a house from the ground up. You NEED to turn that Den into a secret room.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
And you make your own furniture? :aaa:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

gezellig posted:

I'm getting weak in the knees :[

It's like I've discovered a brand new fetish.

Hard working men.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I stand by my brand new fetish. :colbert: Soon the internet will be flooded with "naughty" videos of men working and then cooking dinner. I will make millions.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

Man I wish I knew women in real life that felt the way you pregnant ladies do :smith:

Hey! :mad:

Those chairs turned out lovely.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

M_Gargantua posted:

Will work for lessons in craftsmanship.

:h: Slung Blade, joining the fan club. But not for sexual reasons. Sexual favors though, maybe.

Hey man, we all saw that pot roast. No one blames you.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Let's be best friends :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I can't believe you can only access the pipes by cutting a hole in the ceiling. Was it designed that way? :psyduck:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I had no idea! Houses are just mysterious things that I sleep in. I'm a bit baffled after that.

which is why I must steal Slung Blade's house somehow

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

So I can fill it with shelves full of food and water for the apocalypse.

:v:

No really, I just want to have it as storage and general use. Maybe the odd LAN party. You can't have a LAN party in a nice room, it has to be a dark cement hole, it's part of the atmosphere.

You can be like my parents and fill the basement with storage bins filled with napkins/papertowels/cans and sugar.

Dear God sugar packets. There has to be about 1/4th of a bin of just that in plastic baggies.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is there like a place where I can hang out to meet awesome people like you in my own state? :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Curses! :argh:

Tragically everyone here who's into building/farming/hunting/any diy seem to also be stereotypical red necks in every sense of the word. I just want to hang with people who go "Welp time to make a house!" :saddowns:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Numlock posted:

Good luck with that, ahahah

granpa yum posted:

Try the amish?

derp :saddowns: I knew I asked for the impossible. Ah well.

madlilnerd posted:

Wandering Knitter- buy some land, build a house and start a croft raising sheep and selling handspun wool and charging yarn freaks to come out on holiday. Go on. I dare you.

One day :swoon:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

I've been so busy organizing poo poo and attending things I haven't really had time to garden anyway :smith:

Could you at least put down grass so your house doesn't sink in a giant mud puddle?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Messadiah posted:

Obivously you need to open it up and tinker with it!

At this point you might as well. What's the worst that'll happen? You somehow break the warranty even more?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I'm sure you could make a "Buy random Metal stuff!" topic in SA-Mart.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

Cold smoked, salt cured, and dehydrated.

Kinda like jerky.

Delicious salmony jerky.

How many times must I propose to you before it sticks? :argh:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Delivery McGee posted:

Welding gloves are the best oven mitts. I have three pairs -- one for the kitchen, one for work rearranging frozen-food cases in grocery stores (insulation works both ways), and one for actually welding.

I have a pair for the kitchen, but I go through one every year. The same thing keeps happening: I get some sort of food/sauce on them and that part of the glove loses all of it's insulating powers. Is this normal, or do I need to find a better pair of gloves?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

snorch posted:

I read somewhere that ladies are five times as likely to get with you if you own a house, so get cracking ;)

Hey man, I'm first in line for moving in if for some reason I am magically teleported to Canada :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

madlilnerd posted:

Seriously; he bakes pie, could fix my computer, and I'm pretty sure would let me play with fire. :allears:

He's half nerdy nerd and half farm boy. Any straight girl that isn't in love with him is crazy. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Slung Blade, I wanted to let you know that this thread inspired me. Instead of doing a crappy paint job on my new living space I actually went through and fixed that poo poo.

Sanded and washed the walls, sealed the cracks, fixed the screens on the windows, and a brand spanking new rug. It's not much, but it was more than the "coat of paint and call it a day" I was originally planning.

Couldn't have done it without you. :patriot:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
That salmon :aaaaa:

I tried prepackaged jerky salmon once, and it tasted like someone dumped a ton of salt on a half-rotted fish.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is your hat working okay? :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

Knitter: gently caress yes, it is the best hat and fits wonderfully. How's your letter opener? Also the bee owns :coal:

Good! I worry about my knitted goods.

The letter opener is amazing and I'm still shocked it made it through customs. My brother was totally jealous when he saw it. :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Slung Blade posted:

Considering how often I play with metal I should probably be more diligent about my immunization anyway.

I think the last time I got a tetanus booster was when I was a little kid, I should really go back and get another.

Here, read this post. I guarantee after reading it you'll have an appointment with your doctor tomorrow. :toot:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Leperflesh posted:

That looks like it would get blazingly hot every day. If you can paint your roof any color, why wouldn't you pick a light or white color for better thermal efficiency?

Because it won't look pretty! :byodame:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

fork bomb posted:

Haha, don't play eugenics, man. Nature is what it is. Speaking of animals though, why don't you have any??

I agree. Sling, you need some sheep or goats or llamas. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

madlilnerd posted:

I personally think you should get a wife as your first farm animal.

I'm free all summer.

There's a line, sister. :colbert:

I do think chickens might be a good idea. Just think of the fresh eggs!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Marriage proposal still stands. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I have come to the conclusion that you are, in fact, a main character from the Harvest Moon video game series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Actual picture of Slung Blade

see cause you have a homestuck avatar