Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
My girlfriend (MY GIRLFRIEND) bought a VW Jetta GLI about 4 weeks ago with a Honda S2000 as a trade - 4k left from the trade after loan payoff - GLI was a 2006 for like 16 or 18k. The VW dealership had her approved through VW financial, until they called her credit companies over the next two weeks- they call my girlfriend and tell her that they need another $1600 cash down for VW to finance it and they have to drop gap coverage/warranty/change payment length to make it a 36/mo loan, two weeks later now they are telling her that VW still won't finance her at all and that she needs to call Wachovia and answer some questions to see if they will finance her - if they won't then she has to return the car.

I think the best option is to return the car for a few reasons like previous body work (carfax was clean, but that means jack poo poo in the real world) and some other poo poo, but she has put ~4000 miles on it since then - can they legally charge her for those miles? We are in Arizona, if it matters.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

samglover posted:

Final thought: 4,000 miles in two weeks? Seriously?
Eh, she is in sales and drove to California and New Mexico.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
How does it work to fight a civil traffic ticket in Arizona? I know for criminal tickets you can plead not guilty and talk to a prosecutor where they offer a plea bargain. Is it similar for civil ones? I don't get a poo poo about paying a fine, I just want the points dropped.

Improper left and improper right turn, if it matters. Two for one stop.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 9, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hypothetically, in Arizona at a fast-food style chain restaurant that centers around Mexican food there is a general manager that tells their employees that they may not speak in Spanish at the workplace because it makes the English-only speaking employees uncomfortable. What is the legality of this and how may it be brought to the attention at a higher level without risking getting the lower level employees hosed?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Do we have a lawyer goon in Denver, Co? Long story short - ex filed for divorce there, I live in Arizona. We have no assets to divide, no children, etc. I called a lawyer up there and they wanted $3k. Mostly looking to see if I should just let the case default. I'm not entirely sure how to file paperwork from out of state.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Well, I figured out how to file paperwork. Self representation it shall be.