Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is a Mafia group/street gang said to have corporate property?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

joat mon posted:

Not sure in what sense you're asking.

Like if there's an investigation and the cop asks "who's gun is this" and they say "it belongs to the STREET SHARKZ as a whole."

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is it legal for a US state to create a nuclear weapons program?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there an actual law keeping me from having a "whites only" policy and sign on my buisness so long as it isnt near an interstate highway and the policy only applies to service rather than hiring?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Would it be constitutional for the government to cede states or government functions to a foreign power as part of a peace treaty? It seems like the United States would be compelled to fight national annihilation based on constitutional supremacy.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Huh? Can the government outlaw a book via treaty?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Who owns Number One Observatory Circle and has authority over the Vice president's staff?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If the Second Amendment stated "Because the Moon is in the 7th House , the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" does that mean that if the Moon leaves the 7th house, the Second Amendment does not apply?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

joat mon posted:

I guess, but it doesn't - you've done a switch. (but you probably knew that)

I don't follow. Imagine the founding fathers being superstitious and saying "holy poo poo, the moon is in the 7th house, better make sure everyone has a gun!"

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 23, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can you make a marriage contract that only lasts 5 years?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If someone's narcissism will cripple their defense, like Leona Helmsley, can they be declared unfit to stand trial?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What should I do if I'm being chased by a police dog?

edit:please answer quickly

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 7, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Can a U.S. state constitutionally impose exile from the state for a criminal offence? Can they practice ostracism without a criminal offence?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the basis of the unconstitutionality?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is a cash investment a regulated security?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I sell a bunch of stocks and put the dollars into a treasure chest. But it's like 10 billion dollars so maybe the feds care about the chest.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So I can't be punished for "pumping" USD if i advertise that there's going to be major deflation soon?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

are you doing some forex stuff or crypto poo poo?

No.

I’m curious how cash relates to other investment vehicles since back in high school my teacher taught about how, in a certain way, cash is an investment against all the stuff that you could buy with cash. Crypto has the distinction if not being a regulated security so it’s broadly legal to build scams around it.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

What is this even supposed to be? You're asking if you can be punished for stating that you think the USD is going to go through a deflationary period?

Yes.

You can be punished for saying that vidalia onions or walmart stocks are going to to way up, but apparently not usd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

https://www.loc.gov/search/?fa=partof:u.s.+reports:+volume+001

Did the Articles of Confederation have a Supreme Court? Why is a Supreme Court referenced in U.S. Reports: Appointments, 1 U.S. (1 Dall.) 32 (1776). ? Why does the Library of Congress date the first volume of US Reports to 1754 when the first item is from 1776?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 22, 2024