Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkimoe
Feb 16, 2007
Here is a doozy for someone to help me out with.

I work at the game store everyone loves to hate.

Recently LP came in and decided to do an investigation for fraudulent discount card use and employee discounts. The main reason they are there, I think is because of the recent stuff that has been stolen by a customer who has a magnetic key to open our locking wall pegs. But apparently they forgot to ask us about that and only care about this other stuff.

They are asking employees to "guess" how many times we have used a discount card for someone and the average amount saved. Some of us have been there for 4+ years, when we tell them we don't remember exactly they get mad and say guess or were getting the police involved.
Then when we do "guess" they calculate how many times we guessed with an average price guess and make pay that amount back. They take our debt cards and charge us right then and there. First of all the "discount card" isn't a perk for working at this store. Its available to the generally public. So if I wasn't an employee and wanted to post my card number online, I would be allowed to do so. I'm going to bring up in the meeting how the assistant manager worked 5 and a half hours without a break because he was working alone on Monday, which is Illegal in my state.

I'm the last employee left at the store who hasn't met with them. They tried to trick me and have me come in to work this week, I said no, Ill be in saturday when im scheduled. So im dragging this out and making the guy come back and work a Saturday to interview me.

Are they allowed to have us "guess" and just take our money like this. I decided I am not going to pay unless I get real proof that I did such things. As a part time employee, I dont even have the credentials to ring up an employee sale, so I couldnt have been giving discounts, but the manager used to use my employee discount number all the time for her friends, which isnt my fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkimoe
Feb 16, 2007

JudicialRestraints posted:

They can however fire him for an imagined or nonexistent slight.

I'm not as worried about being fired as paying them money they dont deserve. I'm not gonna let them have me just make up an amount and pay it. If they have proof, which would require video proof also, then ok