Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I live on the second floor of a duplex, we have a big garage shared with our neighbours (two seperate doors but combined on the inside) and in front of that is our driveway which fits 2 cars behind eachother per door, our neighbours have the left side where they keep a car that hasn't worked in months closer to the garage and a big pile of snow on the far side, tonight he decided to park his car behind one of our cars, in our spot, which is a problem because A. he's blocking our car from getting out, B. he's blocking our other car from getting in.

Here's my question, if I call a tow truck and explain the situation and they agree to tow it, would I be possibly liable for...well, anything?

We're in Philadelphia, PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

wormil posted:

Have you asked him to move it? I agree you shouldn't have to ask, but...

You may also want to include such information as "Who is the property owner?" and whether you have a formal agreement on the driveway.

I tried asking him to move the car and he literally laughed in my face.

Sorry I didn't realise I didn't mention it but we rent, so the property owner is our landlord and as for the parking I don't believe it's in the contract but the parking was part of the deal when we moved in and it's been fairly clear to both parties until this happened that the right side of the garage and driveway is ours and the left side is his.

On a side note, the neighbour is a giant dick that would randomly yell at my wife over stupid things when I'm at work(such as us having a bit of snow left on our driveway, when his isn't cleaned at all :psyduck: ), reasoning with him doesn't seem too realistic and even if I could get him to move it eventually, I'd at this point rather show him that there's consequences for doing things like this, but I don't wanna go through with it if it'll end up getting me in to legal trouble down the line, as that's simply not worth it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Alright well looks like it's fine for now because after a screaming match with his wife who is (just barely) more sane than he is, he finally moved his truck somewhere else, I'm still interested in the answer though in case this happens again, as far as whether or not I'd be liable for anything if I get his car towed.