Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

I have a bit of a strange question involving business/labor law in Massachusetts.

Hypothetical situation: Company A conducts a round of layoffs, the terms of which include a release from a non-compete agreement that the laid off employees signed when they were hired.

At a later date, the CEO of Company A asks the CEO of Company B, a competitor, not to hire any personnel that Company A laid off, the CEO of Company B agrees.

Is this arrangement at all illegal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

In Massachusetts, does a Consular Report of Birth Abroad satisfy the requirement for a long form birth certificate for someone petitioning to change their name?

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

State is MA, Middlesex county.

I'm trying to legally change my name, which looks like it requires a long form birth certificate as part of filing. I'm a US citizen but was born in Canada, so I don't have this, and instead have a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Does this satisfy the birth certificate requirement?

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Kalman posted:

As long as you aren't black and running for president.

(Serious answer: call the office you're filing it with, they should have someone who can answer.)

Rad, thank you. :D