Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andy T
Jun 11, 2008
Noise issue with tenants in my condo building
I own a unit in a condo high rise. Everything was fine until four months ago, when tenants moved into a unit above me. Every morning around 6am there is loud and heavy stomping that makes my ceiling shake from the walking around. They also appear to have kids that run around their unit in the evenings making the ceiling shake too. The condo documents make a provision for "quiet time" between 11pm - 8am during which tenants/owners MUST maintain quiet. I have talked to the tenants from upstairs to no effect. I also wrote a formal complaint to the board of trustees. They sent some letters to the owner and tenants but the noise is still continuing. It's pretty bad and prevents me from getting normal rest.
I am going to write another letter to the management association. Is there particular language I can use to make my point better. Also, what other tools are available to me to make this stop? I am in USA, MA.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU