Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!

Solomon Grundy posted:

This sounds like a job for a consumer lawyer. Paging Sam Glover.

Not my specific area, but here is my sense: I think she can return the car and refuse their changed terms (a counteroffer to the sales & financing agreements, really), or keep the car and accept them.

She might have to pay them something for the two-week use. Check the paperwork she already has to see if this is covered. If it is not, it is negotiable.

This is why you should always get your own financing before going to the dealership. If the dealership can (a) beat your own financing and (b) actually close the loan before you walk out the door, great. If not, you know what you have.

Final thought: 4,000 miles in two weeks? Seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!

Han Solo posted:

Do I have any legal basis to sue the perfect pull up company?

If you want a new pull-up bar, you should send it in for a warranty replacement.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!

woozle wuzzle posted:

There's no legal claim... it's a private reference. They could say you wore the wrong style of pants and therefore they cannot recommend you as a tenant.

Actually, this sort of reference may be governed by consumer credit reporting laws like the FCRA and state equivalents.