Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
So my mother is currently outside of the states but owns a home there. She has a property management company that takes care of the home and rents it out to people.

She's getting older and would like to put my name on the deed of the house so in case anything happens, or if she wants me to communicate directly with the property management company, I can do so.

She has a will in place already.

Is this something that we should hire a lawyer for or is it a more simple process?

I have a few other questions regarding the tax implications and what not but that's probably best suited in another thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I want to create a website where I use weightlifting training plans from books and have those plans show up on my website that can be configured by what the user inputs (Weight, End Date of the Plan etc.). For example, the user will choose training plan #1, input their weight + desired goal + end date of the plan, and it will show a calendar with what workouts need to be done at what weight.

Are there any legal issues of using a training plan that someone else created on my website? Of course the training plans will be linked to the proper source and original creator.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

euphronius posted:

Are you charging money for your website.

Not initially, perhaps running some ads / affiliate links. Leading to a potential subscriber model in the future.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

So you're asking if it is legal to use someone else's intellectual property to make money?

Are workout training plans intellectual property?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I am planning on signing a power of attorney document with my father in the coming weeks. The one document that I found online is this one - https://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/f...y-documents.pdf

I am thinking of adding a few additional fields such as DOB and SS number for my father and I. Is there anything else that you would recommend? From what I found online, there's not much of a standard for POA documents.