Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Do you think you are dealing with a 4-year-old child to whom you can give some walnuts and chocolates and get gold from him?
Soiled Meat

JX3P posted:

You were cited for having expired plates. It does not matter if the officer shows up to court. You are guilty of expired plates. There is no "the officer made a mistake". If you go to court without fixing your plates, you will be given the full fine, and court costs. Fix your plates, and when you go to court, you will likely get a reduced fine.

Just for the record - going to traffic court for offenses like this without saying anything other than "guilty" will really piss off a judge and waste the court's time.

Fix your poo poo, tuck in your shirt, show up on time, be polite. I'm surprised you have to ask this question.

Just to further this point, when I moved from one state to another I didn't take care of this in the time I was supposed to, and got a ticket for plates and license. I immediately took care of both, dressed nicely (shirt and tie), and showed up to court with proof that I had taken care of things. The judge seemed relieved that he was dealing with someone who actually cared about being responsible that he dismissed everything, minus the $25 court fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Do you think you are dealing with a 4-year-old child to whom you can give some walnuts and chocolates and get gold from him?
Soiled Meat

Onox posted:

Okay this is a long one.

I'm a student in San Francisco and I wanted to stay in San Francisco even after we were supposed to move out of the dorms so I was looking for an apartment to stay at. I contacted a girl from one of my classes and asked if I could stay at her place. She said yes and that I would have the place all to myself because her and her roomate both were going back to Sweden for the summer. She left me the keys and I've been staying here ever since the beginning of the summer. I got fired shortly after I moved in so I've been having a tough time even paying for food and she said she didn't need the rent in one bulk and that I could pay it in bits as I go. Problem is, I don't know how. I don't have a job at the moment. Her parents pay for it so I know that it's all paid for regardless. I accidently didn't respond to one of her emails the other day and she sent me back an angry email saying that she would sue me and that her parents were lawyers (or something like that) and that she came from a wealthy family. I never signed a lease and my name is on literally nothing in this apartment. What's the legality of not paying up besides it being morally wrong. It's not that I won't, it's that I can't.

So she probably has enough in the emails you sent her to show that the two of you had an agreement over rent, right? But on the other hand you probably have no assets to your name, so suing you would get her nothing. Do you think her parents even know that you are living there? Maybe she is having you live there without their knowledge, so they are covering her rent and you are just extra money for her that mom and dad don't know about. If that's the case, what do you think the likelihood is that any legal action would be taken?

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Onox posted:

There aren't that many emails between us maybe two or three. I don't know if her parents know about me staying there. Is it possible to ask her without letting on about payments?

I forgot to mention, she is completely Swedish (she speaks perfect english) but she is a Swedish citizen.

Do her parents live in Sweden or the US?

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Onox posted:

Sweden.

So the premise is that this girl is a Swedish citizen (is she just in the US on a student visa?), whose parents are living in Sweden? You have no signed contract, just some emails? And you have no job, so no income and no assets?

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

fredor posted:

Is there a reason they don't teach basic law, like knowing your rights and what to do if arrested for a crime, in high school? Maybe they do in the US, but they sure don't in Canada, as far as I'm aware.

The US doesn't have a national school system, it's all community based so it's going to vary community to community for what is taught, and how well it is taught. I know I was always taught that you have nothing to gain by talking to the police, but there is definitely a sizable portion of the population that follows the "if you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to hide" mentality. The US is too big and diverse both socially and economically to expect uniformity in education.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Its CRAZY LEGS! posted:

I was pulled over for doing 15 over the speed limit in central PA. 80 in a 65.

The officer notices my address in his system and on the license didnt match and offers me a written warning for the speeding and instead to charge me with failure to notify of adress change which carries a lesser fine. I accepted this offer but I still believe this charge is incorrect.

The address listed in the system and which the dmv has was a previous address of mine WHICH I NEVER CHANGED MY ADDRESS TO. I think this address was accidentally changed during a vehical title transfer. My correct and intended address which is the one on my license is that of my parents house where I still sometimes reside. Again I was never aware my official dmv address had changed from this and it was not reflected on my drivers license

3 questions-

1) The actual charge states that I failed to notify the dmv of my adress change but the officer actually seemed to be saying that what I had done wrong was failure to update my license. If he stated his charge incorrectly, could I have that charge thrown out?

2) When the cop recorded the details for the citation he mixed up all the addresses and the information he recorded is demonstrably incorrect. Could this cause the charges to be thrown out?

3) If the address change charge gets thrown out could I still be liable to receive points and fines on the speeding charge or does the written warning mean that's closed?

I know "gently caress the police" and all, but you made a deal with the officer so why not honor that? What if he showed up to court and was like, just kidding, here's your speeding ticket too? The cop was being nice to you, don't try to screw him over or he might not give someone else that benefit next time.

Also, I got a ticket for this same thing and went to court and showed the judge that I immediately went to the DMV and updated my information, and he threw out the ticket. I still had to pay court cost, which was like $20 I think. You can probably update your info with the DMV online now, so I would do that and show up with proof for the judge.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

seuratonin posted:

Dayton, OH.

I am currently going through the process of acquiring a security clearance.

Because of some things I did when I was younger, the current recommendation is to deny me the clearance, but I have the option to respond to their claims.

I'm pretty sure I can counter their claims effectively, but, I'm pretty sure I need a lawyer to at least write up the response for me, and maybe even make sure I'm not being dumb about it.

Is there a specialization for this type of thing (Dayton has a lot of defense contractors, if such a specialty exists, I'm guessing I can find it here)? What would it be called?

What clearance are you trying to get? And what is in your past? It sounds like you're trying for a secret or top secret clearance? Depending on what it is that is in your past, you may have the option to respond but it may not matter. It's a long thread, but this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3324421 has a lot of good information on what things will disqualify you from secret or top secret clearance.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

seuratonin posted:

^^ Thanks, I'll get ahold of them on Monday.

Secret, for now. I already know I have the right to be be represented by counsel, and based on the documentation I've seen, and the plaintiff's written argument, my problem can be mitigated (in fact it looks like almost any problem can be mitigated in numerous ways). The decision hasn't actually been made yet, just a recommendation from the DoD.

I smoked some weed in the past, is the gist of it. Nothing huge.

Thanks for the link. There is a dude in that thread that smoked for six years straight and still got his top-secret equivalent, so I think I have a good shot. Nice to know.

Yeah, if that's the basics of the issue, then yes I would say you have a good shot at it being mitigated. Pot use is one of those things that can be mitigated if it was in the past and has been a few years since your last use. Good luck. I hope that soon it won't even be an issue.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Ralphis posted:

1) Am I opening myself up to potentially be sued by the original artist of these songs? Can I accept donations in exchange for requests?

2) If I am ok in this regard, what (if anything) do I have to do in order to be able to distribute these tracks (maybe through itunes or something similar) for a profit? How many millions of dollars might I be held liable for?

1) Don't accept donations. That will get you in trouble.

2) If you want to release them for download then you have to pay royalties for them. Use this: http://www.songclearance.com/clearance

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

entris posted:

First off, do not worry about the tax issue - your parents would owe gift tax, but they are allowed to give away up to $5 million before the gift tax kicks in. You won't pay income on the gift.

If you buy the land for $1, that is still going to be treated as a gift of the majority of the land, since the purchase price doesn't match the value of the land.

OK, now here's the bad news: what you are suggesting, where your parents transfer the land to you to get it out of the reach of creditors, is called a fraudulent conveyance, and that's illegal and won't work. Alaska Code section 34.40.010 and the following sections are the law that prohibit this. So go ahead and put that idea to rest.

However, your parents are entitled to something called a "homestead exemption", which means that they can protect their principal residence from the claims of creditors, for value up to $54,000. See http://www.touchngo.com/lglcntr/akstats/Statutes/Title09/Chapter38/Section010.htm

I think your parents have the following options:

1. You buy their land for a fair price, so that it is a bona fide purchase. This takes the property outside the reach of creditors, but you have to put up the money to buy the land. I am not entirely sure that this will avoid the fraudulent conveyance issue, but I suspect that it might.

2. They sell the land and use the proceeds to buy a new home that is worth less than the homestead exemption, so that their new home can't be taken by creditors.

What your mom originally suggested is not going to work.

If you guys can afford it, you should talk to a consumer rights' attorney who does a lot of work protecting debtors from creditors, and see what options that attorney has for you. It's possible that the homestead exemption has been increased - I don't know if that link above is current - but I wouldn't hope for that.

Except, if they aren't to the point right now where creditors are after them, and only worried about the possibility of it in the future, would it still be fraudulent conveyance?

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

The T posted:

If it were that low I could probably deal with it. I doubt bringing up the rate of the fine being "wrong" would really help, though.

How much would I reasonably expect the fine to be lowered? If it wouldn't offset the price of buying a suit jacket (I have dress clothes, but no suit jacket, which sounds like it would be useful/needed?) and the court cost (and the gas to get there...), then it'd almost be like why bother.

Think of it this way. You show up dressed nicely in a suit, freshly shaven, and maybe even a recent haircut. You've done you're homework so you have some idea of the process and what you need to say. You're respectful, you look the judge in the eye when he talks, and you speak clearly and concisely. You don't play around on your cell phone while you're waiting in the courtroom, and better yet you have it turned off before you leave your car. You have multiple copies of anything you bring with you.

Contrast that with about 95% of the other people the judge will see that day. If the judge is going to give any one a break that day, you've made yourself a good candidate.

From my experience at traffic court I can tell you I was the only one with a tie on, let alone a jacket. Everyone else was in clothes they'd just be wearing any other day. The ones I saw go before my turn either didn't have a clue what they were doing, or worse were making crazy excuses for the judge. When my turn came I had all my stuff ready, gave it to him, barely said anything, and walked out only needing to pay a $25 court fee.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat
Washington state goon here. I've been a big brother in Big Brothers Big Sisters for a couple years now. When I first started, my little's mother signed a permission form giving us permission to do activities together. Recently, an opportunity came for us to do a helicopter tour of my city, and my little's mother thought it was a great idea and was happy to let her son go. However, BBBS wants me to sign a "high risk" activity form before we go.

My concern is that by signing the form, I would be agreeing that I would be taking him on a risky activity. I fly in helicopters frequently for my work, so I in no way think it is a risky activity. And even though the mother would also be signing the form giving permission, I'm worried that by signing it, it could leave me with greater liability in the off chance there was an incident.

Am I making too much of it, or is it something I should be concerned about signing?

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Alchenar posted:

If you actually believed it was in no way it is a risky activity then you wouldn't be concerned about signing the form :smug:

Seriously, what does it say?

Here's the text of the form, it's pretty basic:

quote:

Prior to outings, the Big Brother/Big Sister must provide the parent or guardian with the details of the activity. For activities which may be considered "high-risk", it is particularly important that the idea be discussed with the parent/guardian prior to any plans being made for the activity. The parent/guardian must also give permission to the Big Brother/Big Sister and to the Big Brothers Big Sisters agency.

By signing this form, the parent/guardian gives permission for the match to participate in whichever activities are checked below. Furthermore, the parent/guardian also grants the agency permission to approve such activities for the match in the future unless parent/guardian permission is clearly revoked.

I know it's probably pretty straight forward and ok, but since I don't actually think we'd be doing something risky I just feel hesitant to sign something that would be implying that I agreed it was risky. I'm not typically super-paranoid, this is just one area of my life where I am a little more cautious than I would otherwise feel the need to be. Thanks for any insight.

dvgrhl fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 29, 2011

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Alchenar posted:

That looks more like it's just the agency covering themselves from rogue Big Brother/Sisters who go off and do dangerous poo poo. You just have to be sure whenever you are doing anything high risk to fully explain and get consent from the parents.

Incredulous Red posted:

My instinct is that you're not admitting that the activity is inherently high risk. It's just not finger painting or a day hike

Thanks both of you for your feedback. I understand that you are not my lawyers, and this is not legal advice.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Marxist Socialite posted:

A friend of a friend posted a picture of her working in a morgue. Which wouldn't be bad except she is posing with her aunt, smiling in front of a completely visible dead body (I'm not going to post it). I'm trying to imagine a situation in which this would be ok and I just can't think of it.

Is this my problem, and do I have an obligation to do something about it? I kind of feel sick about it because my mom just died a couple a months ago, and the idea that someone would do something like that is unbelievably violating. I don't know anything about privacy laws in that kind of situation. Any advice is welcome.

I think you should try to take your emotion out of it, and think a little more level headed about the situation. Even if she is just a friend of your friend, talk to her about how you feel about what she did. You can use your recent unfortunate experience and how you would feel if that was your loved one she was posing in front of, and I think that makes a good example for her to think more about her actions.

We've all done stupid things without really thinking about all of the consequences. I'm sure she wasn't doing it with the intention of being disrespectful of the deceased, right? Sometimes we just need a good reminder that our actions have other consequences then we considered.

I think in the long term you'll be a lot happier with yourself if you go this route, than if you do something to try to get her fired or in trouble.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

935 posted:

Lets say you get a ticket for reckless driving. Within days you're flooded with fliers from law firms begging to represent you for a small fee (typically ~$500) and claim that 90% of their clients get their charge reduced. They'll even appear in court for you so you can stay in bed!

My questions are, (1) how do they get your address and mail you the fliers, and (2) what do they say to the judge to get the charge reduced? I imagine they go to the bench and cite a court ruling from 1980, or cite an obscure law or something, and since it got one person off it should get another person off. But I know this is likely not the case. Also, (3) why can't Joe Schmo go to the judge and do this himself (leaving out the lawyer as the middleman) and (4) why can't the lawyer get the other 10% of his clients off the hook?

1) Public record.
2) They know the intricacies of the law and other relevant court rulings, and how it applies to their client's situation.
3) See #2.
4) "Off the hook" is not the same thing as a reduced charge, but even still some people do some stupid things that no lawyer could help make better for them. Also, breaking the law is breaking the law, and not everyone gets offered a chance to plea down.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat
Can anyone tell me how to sufficiently serve someone for small claims court if you don't know their home or work address? This is for Washington state. This person is no longer employed at the place where she was last known to work, and she didn't leave a forwarding address at her last residence. The court clerk wasn't really willing to give a lot of info on this.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

The SituAsian posted:

At work I made the mistake of (uneasily) accepting an order of "try it and if you like it then we'll bill you" printer toner from a company called Global Business Systems which after about 30 seconds of research is obviously a scam.

Based on what I've read they will ship the toner to my office with an invoice and follow up by shipping more stuff with more bills over time eventually getting to the point where they're trying to use a phony collection agency to harass us until they move on to the next sap. I'll return to sender anything I get but I doubt that will stop anything. I've already filed a complaint with the FCC and could complain to their local BBB but I can't imagine they'll do anything but put it in a file and sit on it forever. I don't think calling them and saying I don't want the toner will do anything but waste time.

My boss is pretty live and let live-and otherwise I alright at my job-so I told him and he was understanding. If it got too out of hand we also have a lawyer but I would rather not incur the expense if we don't have to.

You didn't actually ask a question, but I think you're doing all the things someone should in that situation. Just refuse delivery, it will be sent back to the sender.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Picklesworthe posted:

I live in Hamilton County, Ohio (Cincinnati).

Six months ago I got a ticket for driving with an expired registration. I had forgotten to renew it, no big deal, went home that day and renewed it online and wrote a check for $133 to the town that issued the ticket and sent it in.

Tuesday I was pulled over by a sheriff and told there was a warrant out for my arrest over an unpaid ticket. I told him I was positive I had paid it, he got in contact with the township and recited me, giving me a court date a few weeks from now.

Since the check was never cashed, there are no bank records, and other than just the carbon copy from my checkbook I have no proof that I wrote the check or mailed it in.

Is there anything I can do other than just swear I wrote them a check and mailed it?

Bring your carbon copies to court, presumably it will be in order with dates. But I would bet you just show up to court, tell the judge you mailed it but it must have gotten lost, you're sorry and ready to pay, and the warrant goes away.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

DuckConference posted:

Couldn't there still be some possible negligence? If this guy is crashing around hard enough to break legs in a co-ed beer league, it certainly seems possible that he breached the standard of care he owed her. Not a lawyer though so I may have it all wrong.

I think you'd have to prove that he wasn't playing within the established rules of the game that all parties agreed to by participating in the league. For instance, if you are playing in a flag football league and someone tackles you and causes you injury, you might have a case there. But if the manner in which he crashed into the other person wasn't breaking any rules of the game, I think it would be a harder case.

Like, was she playing catcher and he plowed over her at home base? Or was she going for an infield fly ball and ran into the base line as he was running to second and they collided? Maybe she played some part in the collison. Or maybe the collision was just a part of playing the sport. Skywriter didn't give enough details to know, but I don't think that just because she was injured and he wasn't is enough to determine that he was negligent.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Arcturas posted:

While I agree that the federal code appears to prohibit discriminating against families, I wouldn't read that statute to prohibit a clause saying "I am leasing to two people, no more. If any more live here, the lease is terminated." Such a clause could justify terminating the lease if they had children.

Why? I read "familial status" as being the familial status of the relationships that renters have, not the status of whether they have a family or not. Hence it would be illegal to lease to a brother and sister, but not to lease to an unmarried man and woman who wanted to share an apartment. I think that is different from a situation where they want to lease to two individuals, but (perhaps to comply with fire codes) do not want to lease to three or more individuals.

I might be wrong.

Either way, the best bet is to talk to the landlord and get things worked out ahead of time.

You are wrong though. It's specifically addressed here: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/FHLaws/yourrights. They do make an exception for retirement communities, and there may also be exceptions for something like a college dormitory (not sure there), but basically in most cases a landlord cannot deny housing because of children.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Zokari posted:

I'm pretty sure we're SOL. I can't fathom how we're going to find a new place and move in less than a month.

Start packing things you don't need now. Like today. You'll find that most of your stuff you don't need immediate access to if it's going to just be a month. You can find a new place in a weekend of planned visits. Use the rest of this week to set up appointments and fill up your Saturday with places you think you'd be interested in. Spill over into Sunday for any places that do showings on Sundays.

It might not be on the schedule that you wanted, but you can easily find and move into a new place in less than a month if you put in the work.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Josh Lyman posted:

which, conveniently, is also the truth.
My court date is tomorrow morning. Aside from bringing my traffic citation and a checkbook to pay any fines, is there anything else I should bring? Would a shirt and tie be appropriate to wear should I go for the full suit?

What about the actual process? Does the judge call up my case, then I put in a plea? Do I get a chance to discuss with a public defender? When would I get a chance to explain my version of the events and hopefully reduce the number of points on my license? Though the accident happened in Atlanta, I have an Ohio license, my understanding is that points be assigned in accordance with Ohio statutes. It's 2 points for a typical moving violation and I can have 6 points over 2 years without any trouble. Sorry for all the noob questions. :ohdear:
[/quote]

If you have one, wear a full suit. Whatever you do bring, be sure to have serveral copies. Be sure to come to court early, just to avoid unforseen delays on your journey. Talk clearly and conciesly to the judge when asked+.

That's all I can give you from my experience at traffic court, but if you do that you are the 1% in terms of what the court sees on a daily basis from what I have seen.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Josh Lyman posted:

My court date is tomorrow morning. Aside from bringing my traffic citation and a checkbook to pay any fines, is there anything else I should bring? Would a shirt and tie be appropriate to wear should I go for the full suit?

What about the actual process? Does the judge call up my case, then I put in a plea? Do I get a chance to discuss with a public defender? When would I get a chance to explain my version of the events and hopefully reduce the number of points on my license? Though the accident happened in Atlanta, I have an Ohio license, my understanding is that points be assigned in accordance with Ohio statutes. It's 2 points for a typical moving violation and I can have 6 points over 2 years without any trouble. Sorry for all the noob questions. :ohdear:

If you have one, wear a full suit. Whatever you do bring, be sure to have serveral copies. Be sure to come to court early, just to avoid unforseen delays on your journey. Talk clearly and conciesly to the judge when asked+.

That's all I can give you from my experience at traffic court, but if you do that you are the 1% in terms of what the court sees on a daily basis from what I have seen.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Choadmaster posted:

TL/DR: (California) Does an insurance company have any requirement to act in a timely and in at least marginally efficient manner? Can anything be done if their slowness and screwups end up costing the client money?

I don't know if this will help your friend or not, but when I had an issue with an insurance company not reimbursing me in a timely manner, as well as them trying to get out of what I believed they owed me, I wrote a letter to my state's (WA) insurance commissioner. I conciesly explained my complaint with the insurance company. The commissioner's office contacted the insurance company about the matter a few days later, and the next day after that I had everything resolved with them.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

Yes.

( The AG and Court also must consent if the defendant waives a jury.)

Out of curiosity, are there scenarios where doing this would make sense for a defendant? With a jury you typically need just one juror to vote your way, but when it's just a judge it's all or nothing. Without any other considerations, the math would indicate that's a bad idea.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat
Contract law hypothetical: would modifications to a signed contract done via email correspondence typically hold up if challenged in court? To help narrow scope, let's assume the contract in question is a property lease, and the change is limited to modifying the termination date. Both parties are in agreement to the modification.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat
Yeah I'm beginning to think that's best as relying on forged email headers leaves too much in question. Thanks!

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

pandariot posted:

Well I've never been sued, that can't be fun. I've filed for unemployment, what if they try to block that? Who knows what they could accuse me of? What if they get a lawyer to fight my wage claim? Who knows what else they do?

You should file the claim, and then take that extra money and see a therapist. Your anxiety is causing you not to be willing to act in your best self interest.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat

Dorkopotamis posted:

I recently purchased an extended service contract on my Dell laptop for three years. Cut to a month later, me on the phone with Dell tech support and them telling me that they never had the parts to service my computer, that the warranty was sold in error. My only recourse, to be refunded my warranty.

This seems fishy to me on the premise that most warranties are never called in. How many other people have purchased warranties like this and how many will never find out? How much is Dell making from this? Is this poo poo legal?

Did you purchase a new laptop and extended warranty at the same time a month ago? Or did you already own the laptop and just purchased an extended warranty a month ago?

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat
So, to answer the question you asked, it wouldn't be legal for Dell to sell warranties that they cannot honor.

To answer the question I think you might want really want the answer to, I don't think you can force Dell to honor the full terms of the warranty. You certainly are entitled to a refund if they won't, and it doesn't seem like they have any problem doing just that. What that leaves then is the matter of the broken laptop. Should Dell cover the repair of the laptop? That answer might cost more than the repair job to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Soiled Meat
Before I hit up the Oregon Bar lawyer referral service, if anyone has a referral for a family law attorney in the Portland area I'd appreciate a PM.