Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space
All right reposting this because it was at the very end of the last thread. Many thanks to the two who replied so far.

As far as documentation for the money I put into the company, I'm sure I do if Paypal keeps records for that long. If not, possibly my bank.

As far as the forbearance of commission goes, I'm not sure how much proof I have. I mean I'm sure my bank has records of deposits from the company with the "note" being "Sales commission." Much of our ad space was brokered to another company in a deal I arranged, so I'm sure they'd have the records of the ads we displayed for them if the site I worked for was claiming they didn't have any records.

Anyway, the post:

quote:

Back in 2003 a new website started, and I was the #2 guy of the operation. We started as a hobby site but knew we had the potential to eventually make money, which we did through ad sales. I was in charge of the ad sales (in addition to many other things). Because we had no budget or loan to start this business, I only made commission based on the sales I made.

Now our community was very large and it was common knowledge that I was the #2 guy in charge of the site, but despite this, I had my name attached to basically none of the official paperwork (no hosting bills, for example).

Eventually the company began to change and I hated the new people brought in to take control. I was slowly pushed to a less active role in the community and more into a business/ad sales side of things. Eventually the company was bought out (for approximately half a million) and several of the people brought in after me got about 10% of that due to stock. I was never given stock because my relationship with the owner had partially turned sour, because I was often outspoken in the community about my disagreements with him on the direction of the company - bad mistake but I was young). Despite this sourness I was still involved in the company with ad sales and general consultation. I was also still providing many great ideas for new features - some of which have since been implemented.

I figured the dude would offer me some type of compensation for the years of service I did for him that didnt fall under the commission umbrella. I didnt feel he could make the claim "Well it was a business you didnt get stock sorry buddy" because so much of the dynamic was NOT strictly business. I donated personal money to the site at the early stages. I didnt take any commission on months where we didnt earn enough to cover the bills. So much of what I did was outside of the ad sales/commission.

I've tried to talk to him about this subject but he has completely ignored me. He is a very nice/intelligent/fair person so only thing I could think of is that he's ignoring me out of legal advice. All I want is a small amount of money for my services. Do I have any legal leg to stand on without any official acknowledgment like stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU