Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
25 lighters
Mar 14, 2010
About to start my first season as a wild land firefighter on a type II handcrew. Anyone got any pointers or things you wish someone told you before you started your first season? I don't really know what to expect besides a lot of hiking, training, cutting/digging stuff.

Anyways, I already bought brand new pair of whites and have been wearing them daily for more than a month now, few hikes with them too, pretty broken in I'd say. Running as much as I can every week mainly trail runs (3-5 miles per run, 3 times a week), completely stopped doing weights and instead have been focusing on body weight excersizes (push-up/pull up/dips/core stuff).

Besides that I'm not sure what else I should be doing besides getting in better shape and studying up on 10's/18's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

25 lighters
Mar 14, 2010
Yea I have been hiking with weight... bought a normal hiking pack and it ripped with barely 40lbs in it... Now i'm using my old army one and it does the job. Season starts in about a month. Boots are feelin great, will definitely start greasin them after every hike. Will stock up on baby wipes, that one's a given.

SeaborneClink posted:

gently caress you CalFire :argh:
Couldn't agree anymore

Thanks for the bro tips, avoid bee's in loving ground and poison oak.

• Locked thread