Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Hello fellow FF goons! I'm still green (just coming up on my 1st year) and finally decided to go look for a firefighting thread on the forums.

The reason being: We had our yearly Heavy Rescue training here in Ohio over the weekend. One of the instructors showed me a really great video on youtube, and now I can't find it for the life of me.
The instructor in the video was very reminiscent of a Drill Instructor. He tells the trainees that "When someone calls 911, they get you. You show up. There is no 1011, you don't call anyone, you have to figure it out". The video is about having to figure things out on a scene, and using your training and knowledge to get things done when you may not have encountered them before.
Then he asks if they have ever seen an alien riding a unicorn, to which they reply "no". He goes on and says something like "One day, someone is going to see an alien riding a unicorn. And they are gonna call 911, and that's YOU. There is no 1011, so you have to figure out what to do with an alien riding a unicorn!"
If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has a link to the video, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Someone on Reddit found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVwMW7QfGY

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

2nd shift today. My supervisor instated mandatory training (1h) for 1st and 2nd shifts on weekends. We get to pick the training topic, so pump operations it is.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

http://imgur.com/a/EdsLS

So someone thought it would be cool to tear up my IAFF sticker on my truck. I'm not a Union member, I'm just a part time Firefighter, but I display the IAFF sticker in a show of solidarity and support for all the Union guys and the amount of rear end they bust every day. The fact that someone thought it was ok to try to tear up the symbol has me heated. Notice they left the Star of Life alone.

• Locked thread