Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan

covok48 posted:

Had to watch this twice. Singlehandedly changed my view on nuclear weapons.

Why, did you think beforehand that they were wonderful inventions of human civilization? or was this change the other way round :ohdear: ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan

covok48 posted:

I knew I'd have to loving come back and defend myself when giving the documentary a thumbs up.

Whoa. No one said you needed to defend yourself for anything. I was simply curious how someone can find anything really new and mind-changing about the consequences of dropping nuclear bombs in a film like this. I mean I saw it and liked it too, and I'll give you that it's really effective in making the whole thing much more visceral and direct than usual, but it's not like there hasn't been a dozen of novels and movies (since at least the cold war) already telling you the same things over and over in no uncertain terms.