Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oso
Dec 22, 2006

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it

Ha wow, I just got out of Swansea after spending a fairly lousy 3 years studying there. By the end it was fairly obvious the place was grim as hell - spend any time around some of the estates or just generally away from the main Wind street / Kingsway areas and it becomes obvious (the beach was just about the nicest, cleanest part and even that had its share of trash) but I had no idea it was as hosed as that film makes out.

180% increase in Heroin use in 2009 is mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oso
Dec 22, 2006

Not sure if this has been linked already, but Channel 4 has made all their documentaries available on youtube.

I just finished watching a couple episodes of 'A Guide to happiness' and its inspired me to read this dude's book. Gotta love the 16th C. French noble who said:

quote:

Kings and Philosophers poo poo, and so do ladies

Also check out Alone in the Wild if you're a Survivorman nut like me. Though only watch if you can put up with a very depressed Scotsman.

oso
Dec 22, 2006

Ah drat, thats a bummer. Assumed since it was youtube it was available to everyone. Whoops.

And I hate it too. I struggle to see how their product suffers by exposing it to a wider audience.