Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Forgive me if one has been posted but does anyone know of any good Viking-based documentaries? Always thought those guys were pretty cool what with their awesome set of gods and poo poo, would like to learn more about them documentary-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

Yes, this. So dark, so tragic but a really really well made piece. Recommended.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
How can I watch all these Hulu videos from the merry old UK? Really wanna check out that Random Lunacy film for one...

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Can anyone recommend a good documentary on the history of the Soviet Union? Thanks!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

mod sassinator posted:

Werner Herzog did a movie a couple years ago that was an extended interview with Mikhail Gorbechev--it's a fantastic inside look at the rise and fall of the soviet union.

Really enjoyed that one!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
I’m watching Wild, Wild Country on Netflix at the moment. Pretty freaking awesome documentary of the insane cult antics which abounded in Osho’s purpose built city in Oregon in the 80s - about 6 hours in total, I’m halfway through and it just gets crazier and crazier. Strong recommend

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Also vote for changing the year in the thread title to 20XX

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

whos that broooown posted:

One of my favorites. The soundtrack is amazing, too.

The soundtrack is indeed incredible. Can’t recommend this enough, on the final episode and what a ride!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Eye of the Beholder is a good one on Amazon Prime, about the artists of early Dungeons and Dragons - quite enjoyable

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzuPwTbo_tM

CHESTER P FOR MAYOR: Hip Hop, Homelessness & the Housing Crisis

"Full length documentary following Chester P along his journey through Hip Hop, Homelessness and the Housing Crisis. Featuring Focus E15, Love Activists, New Era Estate residents, Streets Kitchen plus many more."

Great doc about UK Hiphop, Chester P of UK Hiphop legends Taskforce & to a lesser extent about UK politics of around a decade ago. Well worth a watch especially for fans of the hippedy hop music

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
The Thirteenth Step was an interesting look at the seedy underbelly of 12-step recovery programs. Recommended

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
TraumaZone is pretty bloody good

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Also seeing Osho quotes on Facebook etc now with people commenting 🙏 and the like is pretty weird. I think it’s a case of “no such thing as bad publicity” but still strange

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Does anyone have any recommendations for docs on the colonisation of South America? Interested to learn what went down with that

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
https://homecinema.curzon.com/film/on-our-doorstep/

Just watched this doc about a refugee camp I worked at during the time of the doc's filming. Really worth a watch, the guy did a great job with it. What a crazy situation

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73XvxCy69gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Anyone got any recs for docs about the events surrounding the Euromaiden protests in Ukraine in 2013 and the resultant change in government? Thanking you kindly