Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

I only quickly skimmed through the last few pages of this thread, so my apologies if this documentary has already been mentioned.

The One Percent is a 2006 documentary about the growing wealth gap between America's wealthy elite and the citizenry on the whole. It was created by Jamie Johnson, heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, and produced by Jamie Johnson and Nick Kurzon. The film's title refers to the top one percent of Americans in terms of wealth, who control forty percent or more of the nation's wealth.

Unfortunately, the only place I could find a decent copy is on youtube and there are eight separate parts. Here is part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK8-nr-of30

The other parts are fairly easy to find linked in the "related videos" sidebar.

I really enjoyed this documentary because of how much inside access Jamie Johnson has to some of the wealthy elite. Some of the interviews are with high profile people, and that might not have happened had he not been well-connected already. Also entertaining is how uncomfortable he makes his own family. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

If anyone is into professional wrestling, check out The Rise and Fall of the WCW on Netflix streaming. I'd forgotten how awesome the WCW was back in the mid-90s, the sheer nostalgia alone makes this worth seeing. I have so many fond memories of all the stars back then, and the rivalries were amazing. Plus I'd totally forgotten about the Diamond Dallas Page/Karl Malone vs Hollywood Hogan/Dennis Rodman match.

Also, Hitman Hart: Wrestling with Shadows is another great documentary with some really interesting information on the inner workings and politics of professional wrestling.