Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
I love these threads. :allears:

Promises is a 2001 documentary film that examines the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from the perspectives of seven children living in the Palestinian communities in the West Bank and Israeli neighborhoods of Jerusalem.
[Google video]

This is one of my favorite documentaries ever and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who asks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

HidingFromGoro posted:

Torture: America's Brutal Prisons
:nws:

You know all the terrible things I always post about the US prison system (and Joe Arpaio)? Now you can watch some of those things on video with this British doc. Definitely :nws: due to language, nudity, extreme violence, and Joe Arpaio.

Well this was just loving depressing.

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

A good documentary if you want to look at how animals are treated in society, but want to leave out the crazy PETA poo poo, look at the documentary Earthlings. It's very powerful and doesn't sugar coat anything. Be careful though, We saw this with an entire class, and there wasn't a person who wasn't crying. You might even become a vegitarian for a while, I did.

possibly :nms: if you have a heart.
http://www.earthlings.com/

gently caress. This. poo poo. I still have nightmares about that poor blinking raccoon dog. I'm choking back tears now just thinking about it. This is the most brutal thing I have ever, ever seen.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

mysmileisfake posted:

Wikipedia says there is a follow-up video of that documentary, and I cant find it in google. Do you have a link?

I've done quite a bit of searching myself and haven't been able to find it. :(

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Zigmidge posted:

a case of american management being full of blithering idiots.

When you're not quite sure why a stupid decision has been made in America, you can default back to this and will more often than not be correct.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Phyzzle posted:

The Staircase About a bizarre murder trial, from the point of view of a man accused of killing his wife.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5188227902435442973&ei=ujOcS5mlAojyrgLM6q3xDA&q=the+staircase+14

Don't read anything about the case before watching it.

Holy fuuuuuuck. :aaaaa: I'm only on part six, I can't imagine how many more twists this could have. I want to watch the verdict noooooow.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

spixxor posted:

I ended up staying up all night watching this (didn't know it was so long before I was already too invested to quit watching). It really was riveting-however it seems the filmmaker wanted us to think that the guy was innocent and wrongly convicted, which is not what I took away from it at all. Dude gave me the creeps from the very beginning and I found myself pretty convinced that he was guilty, although (owing to the abilities of Lestrade perhaps) that didn't stop me from still being shocked when I heard the verdict read.

I would definitely recommend watching it, but make sure you have a few hours to burn and don't start watching it at 11:00 at night like I did.

Edit: Found Murder On a Sunday Morning:

http://www.youtube.com/user/granadaville#p/c/6E410B432E07830F/0/8z2jtha8Oqg (Link to Pt. 1, the rest are in the playlist)

I got the same vibe as you did but I still wasn't sure if I thought he was guilty or not until I read up about the case afterward. Apparently he and one of his sons were both in massive amounts of debt and Kathleen had a $1.8m life insurance policy. The film obviously worked an angle as that was never mentioned in any of the eight parts. Still a wild ride and I've been recommending it to everyone since I finished it yesterday afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Orkiec posted:

Are there any good documentaries out there about the Monsanto Corporation?

Monsanto basically has a starring role in The Corporation, especially the last third or so of the film. Definitely worth watching the whole thing. I think this is a full stream.