Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Hello Pity posted:

And for some content David Modell's Young, Nazi and Proud... a fairly low-key, but interesting character piece Mark Collett who was at the time leader of the youth wing of the BNP. Other than some prompting to try and understand his motivations Modell pretty much let's him dig his own grave and doesn't really have to do any more than scratch the surface to get to some really disgusting stuff with this guy and the BNP in general.

It's not too sensational but has a pretty funny "twist" at the end... dumb gently caress neo-nazi has been baring his anti-semetic soul to Modell for six months without realising that he's of Jewish descent.
Was getting ready to watch this and then accidentally read the first post about the doco. Spoiled :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
gently caress Billy Mitchell.

Just watched Through The Wormhole (hosted by Morgan Freeman).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0w4D4ZaAJQ

It's mostly just Theory but nonetheless interesting. It looks at possibilities of our creator existing in scientific theory, doesn't offer much in the way of fact but raised some interesting questions. The segment with the Sims creator saying we are part of a computer programme could have been left out...

truther fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 3, 2010

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Non Serviam posted:

Dope Sick Love
The movie follows two drug-addicted couples. The way in which, at least in my view, they lose all traces of dignity and humanity is really making me feel ill.

http://documentarystorm.com/drugs/dope-sick-love/
Definitely one of the more effective drug docos I've seen. You're treated to the lowest points of a junkies life. My stomach twisted when I realised how devoted the scammer lady was to her boyfriend. 100% dependance.

The only thing I didn't like was the very abrupt ending.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Hi, can anyone tell me the name of that British post-Nuclear documentary please? I'm sure I saw it in this thread but can't find it. I remember it being recommended for being absolutely depressing and very realistic.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Name doesn't ring a bell but it does sound promising.
I remember it was linked on Google Video.

Fake edit: found it on GV... thanks very much! I'm sure this is the one