Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
There is no excuse for Carol to not pay her employees, she’s a millionaire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Groovelord Neato posted:

Speaking of another Netflix documentary I watched not giving the full picture:

https://twitter.com/non_bona_dicta/status/1316239480320294917?s=20

Thread cataloging them leaving out all the financial difficulties the family was having (and they had them about as bad as you can).

There are YouTube documentaries out there that cover it better. I was annoyed that the Netflix doc intentionally left out some major details in an effort to mislead the audience. basically that everyone knew he was super guilty from the get go

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Echoing that Girl in the Picture was very well done. I was crying for like the last 15 minutes.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

MeinPanzer posted:

Just watched Love Has Won: The Cult of Mother God, another 3-part HBO doc, and this one I liked a lot. In a nutshell, it dives into the new age cult that shot to notoriety a few years back when the police raided the home its members were living in and discovered the corpse of the founder, a 45-year-old woman known as Mother God, lovingly positioned in a shrine-like bed.
I’m about halfway through this and it’s really well done but hitting me really hard for some reason. I am so worried for the kids that grew up in that environment, I hope they are ok now. Urgh the obviously mentally ill woman that brought three kids with her. This is stressful.
Also why the gently caress is trump on mom’s council of angels or whatever??
Edit: ok I kept watching and that lady’s kids got out of there

remigious fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 30, 2023