Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Halcyon Leviathan posted:

Anyway, for those of you who like depressing documentaries about Romanian orphans who live in the subway and spend most of their time crying, fighting, and huffing paint, I recommend Children Underground.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FQCKJzldI

This was tragic. Also, shocking to me because we really don't have this in the states at all. You have poverty but it's never that bad. Unbelievable. Great documentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Chicken Doodle posted:

Found this in the Bizarre mysteries thread, don't think it was posted here. Someone's uploaded that documentary about the Swedish twins who ran into the motorway to Youtube and internationals can watch it. This doc is absolutely 100% insane. Nothing makes sense in this case.

Madness in the Fast Lane (first part, YT)

Yeah, this was a really good documentary. I recommend it also.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003
The Genius of Photography

In the course of our 170 year relationship, photography has delighted us, served us, moved us, outraged us and occasionally disappointed us. But mainly, it has intrigued us by showing the secret strangeness that lies beneath the world of appearances. And that is photography's true genius.

Follow the story of photography in this six-part series 'The Genius of Photography'. See some of the most famous photographs ever taken and find out more about what made them so very special.

Really good documentary by the BBC. If you like photography you'll like this.

Mannequin fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 7, 2010