Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

MeinPanzer posted:

Just finished The Jinx, and it strikes me that in an odd way it and The Act of Killing are similar in some ways. Both deal with individuals who ostensibly showed no sign of remorse for having killed people and gotten away with it; both deal with confronting those individuals over and over again with the details of what they did and the lives of the people they killed; and both end with the killer vomiting after realizing how the process of producing the documentary has affected them.

I was struck by this similarity as well. Of course, the Act of Killing is about much more than one man, but Anwar Congo did indeed remind me of Bob Durst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I just saw the Devil and Daniel Johnston. I think it lionizes him a bit too much without convincing the audience of his "genius". A bipolar Brian Wilson? Come on.

Still, it left me hungry for more rock-docs focusing on colorful personalities. Dig! is another, and probably better, example of what I'm looking for.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Just saw Lost Soul, the story of the troubled production of the 1996 Island of Dr. Moreau. It's similar at times to Jodorowsky's Dune and Lost in La Mancha, and makes for a pretty good trainwreck kind of story with a neat little twist at the end. Lots of good anecdotes, but something about it feels a little bit slapshod, with sections kind of tacked on. Worth the hour and a half, though.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Are there any docs on an "underground" far left group in the contemporary US? Like Antifa, Maoists, or whoever dresses up in black and breaks poo poo during protests. But here's the kicker - without being an Alex Jones scare story for racist uncles. Something like "When a Tree Falls", but...better.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Has anyone seen "Expedition Content" or know how it is possible to do so?

https://letterboxd.com/film/expedition-content/

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I had never heard of Savile before the big expose after his death. Who would his level of popularity/place in UK pop culture be comparable to in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Looking a 20 minute or less documentary or youtube video. Really anything interesting, but especially if it has to do with quantum entanglement, the nature of consciousness, ghosts/UFOs/bigfoot, native american traditions and mound sites, and any combination thereof.