Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

modo
Mar 9, 2004
I have 2 that I just recently watched and they are both fascinating. They can be found with netflix, and both played on your computer or through xbox, ps3, etc...

Descriptions taken from netflix.

Street Thief(2006) NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEC0NmiTuSY 2 minute trailer.

In this fascinating A&E IndieFilm, professional thief Kaspar Carr divulges his trade secrets when it comes to cracking safes, holding up stores, tapping phones and walking away with thousands of dollars in priceless merchandise. An inventive blend of fact and fiction, Street Thief is hardly a documentary, as its protagonist and story line are made up -- but the information it reveals about the criminal mind is shockingly true.

The King of Kong(2007) PG-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZ9wXO8RVs part 1 of the documentary, I don't think the whole thing is available, but this gives you an idea of what it is.

When Steve Wiebe got laid off, he turned to the classic arcade game Donkey Kong for solace; soon, he decided to challenge Billy Mitchell's long-standing record score. So began the bitter rivalry that lies at the heart of this curiously compelling documentary. Providing a history of competitive video gaming and a look at some of the key players, The King of Kong is at its best when revealing just how far Mitchell will go to retain his crown.

modo fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modo
Mar 9, 2004

Volvagia posted:

I re-watched this recently and remembered how much I love it, not for Steve Wiebe's struggle or Billy Mitchell's dickishness, but for the absolutely pathetic lives of almost everyone else in it. I may be nerdy, but at least I'm not Brian Kuh.

Seriously, I like video games as much as the next person, but Brian Kuh made me want to punch my tv. Also, I don't understand anything about Billy Mitchell--from his hair, to his beard, to his total deuchebag behavior.