Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm just watching the McCann thing casually. In retrospect, Jesus Christ, what a media circus that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No matter how hammy or unfocused The Great Hack was, the undercover video bits alone where worth it. Haven't seen these before.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

Has anyone watched American Factory on Netflix? Is it worth checking out?
It made me glad I'm not Chinese.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

BonoMan posted:

On a tangent (slighttt spoiler about the ending) For a second, when Baudi looks at the camera and says we're all complicit, I thought the whole documentary was a sham that tried to "make us think." Are there any bait and switch documentaries like that out there?
Eh, I think people are taking that line wrong. The point was that Magnotta thrived on the attention, and she asked the question whether that documentary and you watching it would continue doing him that favor.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Watched the first two episodes of Tiger King.

What the gently caress?

And it's not yet the juicy bits.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The Scientist posted:

"My Silicon Love"

The classiest documentary about a 50-year-old Brittish man who's in a polyamorous relationship with 12 real dolls that you will see all day.
Haven't we made fun of this guy here on SA years ago? I seem to remember this.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The Scientist posted:

There was a thread that was like "Diary of a Dollfucker" or something, but I didn't know it was the same guy. I am amazed!
Is it actually the same guy? I looked that thread up, tons of broken links. The guy in the documentary looks vaguely like midiman, but I only scrubbed through it. The guy in the thread also had plenty of cloth dolls, or whatever you would call them.

--edit: Isn't the same guy. Says he wasn't married. midiman from the thread had wife and kids.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

nonathlon posted:

reading only book summaries
Uh, like the back of a book?