Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

In Dont gently caress with Cats did they ever find out who the supposed other person was tied to the bed in the Jun Lin video? The show just kinda forgets about it and when they finally catch him is just like "well case closed." Also his defense of someone made me do it is most likely 90% bullshit but it doesnt really go into them investigating it other than saying he lied about getting a phone call and saying its just another basic instinct reference. Maybe the police did actually did look into all that and the show chose to ignore it. Just kinda wish they explored that part further instead of jerking off the facebook dorks more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MeinPanzer posted:

What other person? I don't remember anything about that.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/national/unknown-man-in-magnottas-apartment-escaped-same-fate-as-lin-jun/amp/

DFWC only mentions it briefly

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Anyone watch that Woodstock '99 doc? Holy poo poo, I'd heard it was bad but goddamn. A minor criticism was that they kept kind of overlaying current-day values in terms of what's okay and what's not, on something that happened 20 years ago regarding the misogony and racism in lyrics like it was some kind of a major issue at the time like it would be today which it wasn't. Not saying it was even remotely okay of course but that part felt a little preachy in the doc like "by Jove, a black rapper shouting out the n-word on stage, why I never!" like yeah, that's not great but don't act like at the time it was somehow out of the ordinary.

Still, definitely worth a watch if only for the way they broke down how Woodstock '69 can't work in modern-day or indeed in 1999. One of the organizers of Woodstock 1969 and 1999 came across as a huge buffoon too which was pretty entertaining.

I liked how they seemed to imply if Nirvana were still around it would have been a totally different ordeal. Like a giant crowd of angry, overheated, dehydrated people arent gonna destroy poo poo to Smells Like Teen Spirit, only Limp Bizkit

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cheesus posted:

Watched Val on Amazon Prime last night.

I don't really understand my fascination with Val Kilmer. Of his movies, Top Secret! and Real Genius, I love and could watch forever. Nothing else he's done I've really cared about, including Top Gun, Willow, The Doors, Batman Forever, anything. His 90s films were only only on the periphery of my awareness and not on any part of my radar in the past twenty years but whenever Ive seen his name in the news, I've always been drawn to read about him.

Kind of a Soliel Moon Frye thing going on with him recording 40 years of his career. Uncanny to have his 26 year old son narrate himself with how his voice sounded in the 80s.

Recommended.

Tombstone is p dope. It has the benefit of being a huge ensemble rather than just a VK movie though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

No poo poo on that last point. Jesus Christ I turned my head fast but caught enough of it and didn't really think that was necessary to include. Thing I couldn't figure out was why there was so much blood but I guess it was a live vein he caught and it turned into like a siphon or something. The way they handled that was a little over the top and gratuitous.

When they first showed the kitchen I thought the addict he let live with him had murdered him or something with how much blood there was. Is Life of Crime 2 worth it? It looked like the same story with slightly longer and some additional scenes? I wasnt really in the mood to watch it back to back after finishing LoC.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bort posted:

A Life of Crime and Life of Crime 2 are two complete movies on their own. Life of Crime 1984-2020, the first hour is mostly footage from the other two movies. The second hour is mostly new, but with some of the Deliris footage repeated. If you've watched 1984-2020, you've seen most of the deeply compelling stuff, you only need to watch the others if you feel like seeing all of it.

Ah ok cool thanks

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They were sneaking huge rear end suitcases and boxes out of those stores they could prob get away with hiding a camera stuffed inside a big purse or something. They didn't look like high end places with more than 2 employees

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

A fair amount of true crime docs come up in this thread and it got me to wondering if there's a dedicated thread for true crime poo poo on the forums.

Between podcasts, books and documentaries, I can't possibly be the only one here that gets into some of that poo poo.

I guess some people consider it to be exploitative and trashy (and a lot of it can be) but I view it more through a lens of behavioral science. If I were to start a dedicated True Crime thread in Rapidly Going Deaf, you think anyone would be interested?

go for it itd be interesting

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Angryhead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlI72bsNRc

Link to the full playlist.

This came out a few weeks ago and I loved it and binged it in a few days and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. (Look up Noclip or Minnmax on YT if you want to hear other people gushing about it or see interviews with 2 Player Productions)
21 hours over 32 episodes.

Anybody that has worked in a creative + collaborative field can probably recognize stuff that goes on in this doc, doesn't necessarily have to be in video games. Ultimately it's about a bunch of people coming together to make something great and how difficult the process can be, due to, you know, humans being humans (and tech being tech)

FWIW I haven't played the game and only played a tiny bit of the first one back in the day, so familiarity with the game itself is not necessary.

Haven't seen any real discussion on it in the games subforum, but I think it merits sharing here.

Thank you for posting this. I really liked Psychonauts and saw a little 30min episode about the making of it years ago on some now defunct comcast videogame channel and then never really heard from DoubleFine since so itll be cool to see what going on in this.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It's also kinda gross showing the bloated decomposing corpse of a guy you based the majority of your doc around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MeinPanzer posted:

It also features one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a documentary: the cult leader Mother God, who claimed to be the most loving being on Earth, filming herself crudely berating her ex boyfriend, named Father Multiverse, for bringing her a meatball sub instead of the chicken parm that she wanted, explaining that her anger was just her channeling Robin Williams.

I lost it when they stared berating their youtube viewers about donations. "Mom wants a go-cart...Where's mom's loving go-cart!?!" 2 seconds later a shot of mom sitting in a go-cart.