Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

HalfPricePimpSuit posted:

Found a youtube link last night. All seven parts are up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g16sMbgiJ0

Thank you thank you thank you! I spent an entire morning last week trying to track this down and gave up. I really want to see this, in fact, I'm going to brew a pot of tea and watch it now :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Tohokai posted:

What's amazing is that this is a very smart and wellspoken lady. Her children also seem to be nice kids, despite having grown with a Ted Bundy as a father.

EDIT: If you like sad endings that make you feel empty and that force you to lose faith in humanity, watch this. And then Dear Zachary. And then Occupation 101.
Enjoy your suicide. :smithicide:

Agreed. She speaks about her abuse in the same matter of fact way she would speak about taking her kids to school, cooking dinner, cleaning the house and all the other every day things in her life.It's powerful and moving to hear. I pretty much lost it when her kid was on the stand speaking from the dogs perspective.

I saw Dear Zachary a while back, a thread was posted about it and one of the guys involved in the documentry showed up and answered a lot of questions on the film and how the family were doing. I would say that film was one of the most shocking I've ever seen.

I shall get onto Occupation 101, thanks for the tip!

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Just to let folk know that the youtube links posted a few pages back for The Hunt for Britain's Paedophiles are dead, however you can still watch it here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jg0z_the-hunt-for-britain-s-paedophiles_people

I've only just started watching it. It's very interesting for me as I've been involved in a few paedophile raids, mostly as an evidence gatherer. I'm very lucky I never saw any hardcore stuff as I was mostly seizing computers and cameras. I did see some hosed up stuff though, like rooms used to abuse kids in, all wired up with cameras and CCTV style stuff. Urgh.

I knew a fair few detectives whose job it was to sift through all the images. When they talked about it they just looked really :smith: and world weary. It's a really poo poo job, I could never ever do it.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Non Serviam posted:

Comic sans!

Content:
Sex Slaves
The trafficking of women from former Soviet nations to Turkey. I'm not sure if I (or someone else) posted this before, but it will make you feel like poo poo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRLfMS8IWc

I'm watching this now, just finished part one, and considering the subject matter I'm a little amazed at how women are shot in this film. As the narrator talks about how vulnerable the women are there is some 'various anonymous women in public places' footage playing. The camera lingers on their asses, boobs and midriffs. When a woman appears on the screen the camera pans up from her feet and often lingers on her rear end before finally going up to her face. Most of the woman don't know they are being filmed, which adds another layer of creepy to the whole thing. Baring in mind this is all going on as a man narrates how terrible it is they are being sold as sexual objects :psyduck:

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

zekezero posted:

Just watched "Life with Murder." It's on netflix instant. It's about a family whose 18 year old daughter is brutally murdered in their home and the person convicted of her death... their twenty year old son.

It follows them ten years later as they visit him in prison and the truth slowly comes out.

I just watched this and I really cannot understand what the gently caress his parents are thinking. Truth be told it was maddening to watch them coo and pander to all his bullshit because 'that's what families do'. gently caress :psyduck: