Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Thanks to this thread, I watched King Corn, Carts of Darkness, and Threads - all of which were absolutely great. Also, the Vice Travel Guide to Liberia was surreal and definitely :nms:

On the recommendation of the last thread like this, I watched The Corporation and I cannot recommend it enough; in fact, beyond a recommendation, I would say it is an absolute MUST WATCH.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Sodium Chloride posted:

Requiem for Detroit, a recent BBC doc about the rise and fall of Detroit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqG6qbx_c0

And there's also an article from the director here.

That was fantastic. The last part was really uplifting and bizarre at the same time.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Requesting some recommendations of documentaries about the following topics: Religion and Beer.

Religion-wise, I really like the Louis Theroux one about Westboro (and all his stuff really), and documentaries that discuss issues about Atheism or Fundamentalism.

Beer-wise, I'm looking for more technical information about breweries and stuff like that. I really enjoyed Beer Wars and I'm getting into Brew Masters on Discovery.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Non Serviam posted:

The American Dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWH5TlbloU I am a retard and forgot to paste the link

It was entertaining, but they never said anything about what people can do to make things better. It's all very fire and brimstone, then ends abruptly.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Echoing Grand Prix - The Killer Years. Wow. I watch F1 and I can't imagine it being like that today. The final scene was heartbreaking and profound beyond words.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

spite house posted:

Okay, here's a food documentary for you: I Like Killing Flies.

Goddamn this one has some legs!

"Post-modern pancakes: basically, you make some pancakes, and then you chop them up and then you throw them in pancake batter again and..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

shotgunbadger posted:

How best to fight homophobes and racists?

I know, misogyny!

Logic, common sense, feelings of basic human dignity, and appeals to emotion have all seemed to fail, so...