Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oprah Haza
Jan 25, 2008
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Some of the shots in here inspired me to finally do something macro. The limiting factor had been getting a lens but I got one of those Raynox converter thingies after seeing this thread and shot some stuff laying around my friend's house yesterday.

Dog ear - we were both amazed and horrified at 100% file size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oprah Haza
Jan 25, 2008

Elemeno^P posted:

Spent a couple hours today shooting butterflies. What I expected to be a fun, interesting day of photography, turned out to be me sweating rear end, running around in a greenhouse trying to get a loving butterfly to land on something interesting.

Of like 200 shots, I got maybe 4 I think are keepers...

Well congrats because that image is fantastic.

If you want to put it into perspective, one very well done photo in a short day is pretty good.

To all of you spending money on filters and such... after looking online I was able to snag a Canon EF25 (extension tube) from a guy on a forum for $50 including shipping. I'd argue they're a better value for a slightly higher price and work really well with teles you might have.

Oprah Haza fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 5, 2010

Oprah Haza
Jan 25, 2008
Found this stinkbug lounging in our trash can at work and happened to have extension tube handy! All are shot handheld with a 580 EXII bounced off of a sheet of white paper. I forgot to narrow the aperature for the first shot. -_-;