Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Beloved Macro thread, bestow upon me some of your wisdom.

What beginner macro lens would you pick up if you had a Fuji XT-200 (X Mount system)?

I have the 13mm extension tube and it's scratched a bit of an itch, but a dedicated macro lens for this body would be great - what beginnner model would you suggest? I'm in Canada for reference (if that matters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

A friend of mine has lent me his Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Di and playing around with it around the house for 45 minutes has been pretty fun - birds, concerts, and now macro? So much to shoot so little time.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

First bee of the year!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I see youuuu

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

bugs from the backyard

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Bought a flash -- slapped it on today with the little diffuser. This... makes things a bit easier.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

bumping for bees

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Just hangin' out

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The Red Queen posted:

Holy poo poo, incredible! How'd you get him to sit still!?

It was about... 12°C out - and they were hanging from a web and very very still.

Later on in the evening they had a fly caught and wrapped up - but I effort'd out and never grabbed my camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

It's March and things are springifying up here near Toronto - it should not be doing this.