Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Autism Sundae posted:

Hey guys, noob macro question: what kind of Raynox macroconverter/lens can fit on my 18-55 Sony OSS lens (49mm)?

DCR-150 or 250 should work, with a 49>52 step up adapter

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Jook posted:

What is regarded as the best bang for the buck for a really cheap (<$50) setup? I know it's been discussed in the thread a bit and I've tried to find the answers elsewhere but it doesn't seem like there's any clear answer..

-Extension Tubes + a reversed prime (like this youtube video posted earlier)?
-Lens Coupler (to mount say, a 50mm backwards on a 18-55mm kit lens)?
-Raynox DCR-150/250?
-1x/2x/4x/10x filters?

Of course I'd love to grab a real macro lens someday but for now I'd just like to find a decent cheap option to have fun with.

If it helps I've got the following already: 18-55mm kit, 50mm, 30mm.

I'd say the Raynox DCR's will be your best bet in that price range.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

HeyEng posted:

Holy poo poo man. I wouldn't have a round chambered anywhere near me with a gun I wasn't planning to shoot.

but he was shooting :haw:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

fairly pleased with this one.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I’m sure this has been asked before, but any recommendations for free and easy to use focus stacking software? I just got a new camera that does focus bracketing but it doesn’t combine the images in-camera.