Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

I'm reporting you to the macro police.

Interesting technique, the results speak for themselves. You can see a watercolor-y glow in the OOF areas, but it's surprisingly unobtrusive. Denoisers have come a long way. And the R5 is a hell of a camera, of course. Though I will say I prefer the middle photo, the second pass tones down the lights too much IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Re. crabs in flowers: I, too, look like a dork carefully inspecting every flower I come across. Some of these spiders are real tiny. Then it's a numbers game. Some days you find zero, some days you find two in a row:

Ethical question for the thread: the foreground is too busy and ruins the shot. Should I content-aware that away? As far as bad practices go in macro, this wouldn't even register but, to me, it still feels like a step too far.

jarlywarly posted:

YES YES INJECT HOVERFLY FEEDING SHOTS INTO MY VEINS

Got a couple more for you

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Don't worry, ma'am, I'm fully licensed to walk around at night looking into every nook and cranny with two illuminated marmalade containers attached to a camera

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Back in the game

seravid
Apr 21, 2010