Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!
well, I'm not going to win any awards but...

FretforyourLatte fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

Studebaker Hawk posted:

Refraction by damnlamb, on Flickr

This is incredible!

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

Jook posted:

What is regarded as the best bang for the buck for a really cheap (<$50) setup? I know it's been discussed in the thread a bit and I've tried to find the answers elsewhere but it doesn't seem like there's any clear answer..

-Extension Tubes + a reversed prime (like this youtube video posted earlier)?
-Lens Coupler (to mount say, a 50mm backwards on a 18-55mm kit lens)?
-Raynox DCR-150/250?
-1x/2x/4x/10x filters?

Of course I'd love to grab a real macro lens someday but for now I'd just like to find a decent cheap option to have fun with.

If it helps I've got the following already: 18-55mm kit, 50mm, 30mm.

I don't know about BEST but this is what I have attatched to my kit lens:
http://cgi.ebay.com/58mm-WIDE-ANGLE-LENS-Canon-Rebel-XS-XSi-XTi-XT-T1i-/190377964983?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2c536935b7

It screws on the end and you can unscrew the wide angle part, just leaving the macro. See my post above for an example shot. For sure it's not amazing, especially after seeing everyone else's images here, but it will let you get in close to play around with some macro for extremely cheap.

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!
Shot these with my Kenko tubes & the 50mm f1.8, on a Canon 60D.

Honeybees

Tomato Hornworm