Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

More insect macro

Mosquito by Marc, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

I got some ants

Backyard shenanigans by Marc, on Flickr

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

mossie

Striped Mosquito by Marc, on Flickr

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Jumper by Marc, on Flickr

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Jumper by Marc, on Flickr

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

DocCynical posted:

:monocle:

What magnification did you hit? Dayum.

Was at around 4:1, enough to fill the frame up

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

I also use a double diffused twin head flash, shown here with one side taken off

Mosquito yesterday @ 5:1

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

They were just bought. Some guy out of the UK was making them.
I had normal stofen type directly on the heads, then these bigger ones over the top of those.

Think this might be the guy https://www.macrodiffuser.com/shop looks like he has his own store now

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Graniteman posted:

I bought some of these a few years ago. They shipped flat and unfolded so you can put silver stickers on the inside of the heads, then attach the white diffusers. So you should be able to replace the diffuser since it's not even assembled when it ships. I'm not sure if the white plastic bit is structural though.

Yeah that's the same type I've got.
By the description the inside where we attached the silver sheet is now white plastic, and comes fully assembled. The diffusers still looked to be attached with the white plastic pin so can still come off easy.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

jarlywarly posted:

Two more questions, then I'll leave you guys in peace, how big is the diffusion panel and how much gap is there between the flash head surface and the panel. I'd ask the guys but he seems to have closed down for Xmas.

Mine looks to be about 115 x 65mm . Gap about 15mm at the bottom 30mm at the top

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

First mosquito of the summer

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Another mosquito this summer

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

I've posted this before I think, but I use 2 diffusers on my mt-24 ex

Last photo taken with it

Striped mosquito by Marc, on Flickr

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Got my first mosquito of the spring season.
Taken about 4:1 with the mpe-65 + mt-24ex flash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Before and after shot