Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Great shots right there! Loving the muted color, very classy.👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

gschmidl posted:

Maybe if you're talented, unlike me.

Just shove that probe into things that don't normally get probed... Cinematic gold.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Yep yep 😊

One of the guard bees at the entrace

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Noisy and "faded". I brought the vibrancy up but saturation down and then lifted the black point a bit so there's no true black.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I need to figure out a good flash situation for doing the macros.

I have a 50 reversed to a 135 for the macro and both lenses are 3.5 so unless in really good light, I have to use really high ISO and it's killing me with noise. I'd like to be able to shoot much faster shutter speeds too and/or use flash to freeze motion.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Helen Highwater posted:

A lot of macro shooters roll their own solutions with speedlights, Pringles tubes, and construction paper. There are off-the-shelf solutions but they get expensive fast. The one I use is the Yongnuo YN24EX which was the cheapest non-garbage option I found.
https://th.hkyongnuo.com/products/yn24ex

Note that although they only provide specific versions for Sony or Canon, the flash should work with any camera that has a centre-pin hotshoe. You'll just not have TTL or wakeup functionality.

:cheersbird:

Thank you for the recommendation. I owned yongnuo a long time ago for Speedlite. Forgot how much cheaper they were than brand name.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
:hai: That's some tasty macro right there

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Thanks!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Slotducks posted:

I see youuuu

Awesome

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Ant

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Dayum!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Are you familiar with Micael Widell?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I haven't followed much macro stuff but I subscribed to his channel but I never actually watch. I saw him do a l bee post at the same time. Felt like your skills are tremendous.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
You know, as far as the composition goes, call me crazy, but I feel like a little off the top?

You've got a pretty solid shot here 😎

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 24, 2023

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Wow!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Laowa releases full kit of ready-to-go microscopy lenses for $1500. Range of 10x 20x 35x and 50x tubes and attachments for all popular lens mounts.

https://petapixel.com/2023/09/26/laowa-makes-microscopy-affordable-with-10-50x-aurogon-lens/

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Messed around with? :lsd:

Great shrooms pics!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

blue squares posted:

It’s a mushroom so it doesn’t move much

:dumbrim:

:smugbert: