Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

I'm fairly new to photography and just took an intro course. For my final project I decided to do some low key shots of electronics. Used a Canon T2i with the cheapo EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 and Kenko extension tubes. I'm hooked now and have the EF 100mm F2.8 macro on the way.

I really want to do insects but it's too cold in NYC right now so I'll have to wait until spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

Macro is all about being disgusted by the everyday things in life :)

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

xzzy posted:

Pretty sure it's a candle wick.

Winner!

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

My adorable pet rat Dexter.

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

I'm curious to what this would look like with focus stacking.

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

Just some random shots around Manhattan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

TheLastManStanding posted:

Focus stacked? That texture is amazing but it seems blotchy.

No focus stacking, just a single shot with a Canon 100m 2.8 Macro. I do agree that something does look wonky about it though.