Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

seravid posted:

That guy is my hero but I can't help but hate him. Everytime I'm actually happy with the quality of my pics, someone somewhere posts a link to his work and :cry:

Enough whining, here's a shot taken this summer:

This is fantastic by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

IMG_1619 by francography, on Flickr

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

IMG_1771 by francography, on Flickr

I like it viewed large.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

A locust I found

IMG_2708 by francography, on Flickr

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Jook posted:

nothing decent, sorry.. after thinking about it a bit I believe it worked so well with that jumping spider because it was inside a closet (multiple walls/close ceiling) so there was a lot of bounce. It's still great material for diffusing though and I plan to try to work it into my new lovely setup which is now using a paper towel on a cut up pringles can - bracket/diffuser inspired by this.

Shot this today with that setup. I believe this is a fruit fly, about 1/4th the size of a regular house fly. It's sitting on a bicycle wheel spoke.

Wow this is great. What set up are you using for these? I tried to peek at the exif data but there wasn't any. I have the 100mm L macro and I'm thinking of getting the extension tubes in the distant future, hopefully I can do some similar things with that set up.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I bought some extension tubes today, here is a diablo 3 toy thingy. It's about 4 inches across.

351B2666 by francography, on Flickr

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

drat tubes are hard to use, the depth of field is SO SMALL.

351B2689 by francography, on Flickr

Bees are hard to photograph, I missed focus on this one, but it's still neat to see all the hair towards the back of da bee.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

dakana posted:

Well that's pretty -- how are you lighting these?

That's all natural light. ISO 1600 though in shade.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

InternetJunky posted:

Merry Christmas!

Who wants some turkey chilli?

Whoa o_o How zoomed in is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Here, have a ladybug.

(it was windy as gently caress, this bug would NOT stay still, and the sun was almost gone so i had to shoot at a crazy high ISO) I'm surprised I was able to get this photo at all.

ladybug by francography, on Flickr