Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006
Prepare for doom. doom. doooooom. doooooom.
Yay for waterdrops.

Shot with a very simplistic Nikon D60 + kit 15-55mm f3.5 lens with offcamera sb-600.

My Sigma 70-200 f2.8 would have been preferable, but it was simply too heavy for the Gorillapod :(

Cyberbob fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006

jackpot posted:

These are gorgeous; I don't suppose you took a picture of what your setup looked like?

You're in luck dude, here.

I was using a piece of white card at the time I took those above shots, so it was just the white balance that makes them look blue.

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006
So what do Nikon users get to use for extreme macro (beyond 1:1)

It seems like all the awesome lenses the big wigs use are all Canon lenses.

Reversing just isn't doing it for me anymore, I want dedicated macro lenses! :)

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006
I have no idea what he's doing, but it surprised me.

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006

Studebaker Hawk posted:

It looks like he actually just uses extension tubes and a reversed 28mm according to his video here which makes me feel bad about having an MP-E 65mm and taking worse photos :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRn3at0H60

I fricking wish Nikon had a lens comparable to the MP-E 65mm.

I still want to know how the hell that guy gets such magnification from reversing tubes. I've got 60mm worth of tubes that I use with my 50 f1.8 and get 1.7:1 (I've calculated it)

Not only that, but the lighting needs to be brighter than the sun for me to be able to see anything deeper than f5 or so, which I don't need to tell you; comes down to a fraction of a mm of focal plane when you're that small, so I need to see what I'm doing.