Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(

Al-Saqr posted:

Incredible things are happening in china

I wish we got stuff like this in the US. Our auto companies need to get their poo poo together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

I'm wondering what the value proposition of the new Camry will be when the Prius exists.

With the Prius you get a similar powertrain but a more practical hatch. What do you get with the Camry? Is it luxury at the higher trim levels? More performance?

High end Camry trims get acoustic glass.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

At least until the current newest Prius, they still felt and drove very much like economy cars. Not especially quiet or refined or comfortable, just merely fine. Capable and adequate but unremarkable. The Camry is quieter, smoother, more refined and yeah the top trims are approaching bargain lux.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Russian Bear posted:

High end Camry trims get acoustic glass.

As opposed to digital?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

As opposed to digital?

As opposed to electric.

Glass unplugged.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

They really didn't know when to stop with those rear lights. They were like "bigger? Bigger? Should we keep going and join them in the middle or nah?" and the decision to stop makes them look a little odd. If they were a third less long it would be decent but that they're 90% of the width just looks a little weird.

As a whole though, not bad at all.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Wistful of Dollars posted:

As opposed to digital?

Hand cranked

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The CyberTruck is more poorly designed than a Ford Pento. Somehow they will be less reliable than a twin-turbo 13b.

https://x.com/BlastYoBoots/status/1782542416949457370

:allears:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

grahm posted:

I wish we got stuff like this in the US. Our auto companies need to get their poo poo together.

Why should they bother? They get infinite free government funbucks if they do badly enough. Americans just want cars that are reflections of themselves anyway: overweight, dumb, and ostentatious.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 24, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

^^^^ I’ve said for a while Americans just want a big leather couch with a lazy V8, and due to federal fleet standards those have died out in the old luxury coupe/sedan market for the domestics. So pickups and SUVs it is.

Russian Bear posted:

Who will make the mini mini van again. Like Mazda 5 sized or even a little shorter with sliding doors.

Just wait until you can start importing Toyota Sientas and Honda Freeds from Japan, friend.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

The CyberTruck is more poorly designed than a Ford Pento. Somehow they will be less reliable than a twin-turbo 13b.

https://x.com/BlastYoBoots/status/1782542416949457370

:allears:

I’m not doubting, but I would want to see a better source for a systemic manufacturing or design issue which results in water pooling. For all we know the car in the twitter post could’ve been damaged.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruck-no-match-for-car-wash-1851417011

This source is better but still bad. All anecdotes, but there is a pattern. However there’s nothing about the warranty that would be affected by a carwash, so at least that part of the twitter post is embellished/false.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 24, 2024

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Inner Light posted:

I’m not doubting, but I would want to see a better source for a systemic manufacturing or design issue which results in water pooling. For all we know the car in the twitter post could’ve been damaged.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruck-no-match-for-car-wash-1851417011

This source is better but still bad. All anecdotes, but there is a pattern. However there’s nothing about the warranty that would be affected by a carwash, so at least that part of the twitter post is embellished/false.

In another thread here in AI I forget which) someone posted more stuff that they had the bed off or something and then it rained, and they were actually doing some real off road type poo poo including going fast over a 4 foot drop.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

wesleywillis posted:

In another thread here in AI I forget which) someone posted more stuff that they had the bed off or something and then it rained, and they were actually doing some real off road type poo poo including going fast over a 4 foot drop.

https://twitter.com/dblcapcrimpin/status/1779138976021983425

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Denza (BYD JV with MB) is announcing a very hot 960 hp wagon though.

https://youtu.be/KueNkBVbYQQ?si=LRqHaLwqiBCgthwk

So much to like with that car buuuuuut..... not really a wagon. rear end too short / lift back

Baby ain't got back but woof, what a beast otherwise

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
a lot of chinese cars just look like alternate universe porsches

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've just learned the Ioniq 5 N thing has an 'N Grin Boost' (I'm not lying about that name) button that give you 10 seconds of boost. It's like a slightly less cool GPX Cyberformula Spiral Boost setup...

It's apparently 10 seconds of boost, 10 seconds for it to 'recharge' and you can mash again for more go.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 25, 2024

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77nyAlwWLpE&t=18s

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So much to like with that car buuuuuut..... not really a wagon. rear end too short / lift back

Baby ain't got back but woof, what a beast otherwise

Shooting brake!!!!!

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

harperdc posted:

Shooting brake!!!!!

Too many doors.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Too many doors.

Sport Turismo / Tourer probably fits.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Kraftwerk posted:

I'm wondering what the value proposition of the new Camry will be when the Prius exists.

With the Prius you get a similar powertrain but a more practical hatch. What do you get with the Camry? Is it luxury at the higher trim levels? More performance?

I can answer this. My wife has a Prius and I have a Camry hybrid. We use my car for longer trips as the cabin is more spacious and comfortable, and I have heated seats. Her car is great for trips around town and she can fit stuff in the hatch that I can't in my trunk.

Both are great cars and we have been very happy with them.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

The Mazda6 Is Back as a Rear-Wheel-Drive Electric Sedan

Chinese market only, though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Vader voice: NNOOOOOOoooooooo

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I've just learned the Ioniq 5 N thing has an 'N Grin Boost' (I'm not lying about that name) button that give you 10 seconds of boost. It's like a slightly less cool GPX Cyberformula Spiral Boost setup...
"boost'N grin" was right there

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Mr. Apollo posted:

"boost'N grin" was right there

Still not as bad as *checks notes* "Wide Open Watts," and "Watts to Freedom" modes, courtesy of GM.

And speaking of GM! Buick previewed a new sedan and wagon!

Guess where it's not going to be sold?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

DanTheFryingPan posted:

The Mazda6 Is Back

Yes!

quote:

as a Rear-Wheel-Drive Electric Sedan

YES!!

quote:

Chinese market only, though.

Oh gently caress off

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Eyud posted:

ah gently caress

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Yes!

YES!!

Oh gently caress off

If it makes you feel better, it probably won't sell well in China and maybe they'll try bringing it in other markets?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Just give us the affordable EV wagons you assholes :argh:

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I can’t remember if it’s Hyundai on the i5n or not but one of those manufacturer “turbo” buttons can only be used like, 500 times before it’s locked out forever.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

GlassEye-Boy posted:

If it makes you feel better, it probably won't sell well in China and maybe they'll try bringing it in other markets?

As far as the US goes, Mazda did make some bizarre choices like selling a diesel so the precedent is there. Chinese made vehicles get something like 27% import tax and China is persona non grata in American politics, I doubt that selling the new 6 here is a good business decision.

:smith:

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Eyud posted:

hopefully this is just a copy paste of the Chinese vehicle it's based on, cause lol just lol if Mazda ditches their best usp (actual switchgear) for capacitive buttons.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

smooth jazz posted:

hopefully this is just a copy paste of the Chinese vehicle it's based on, cause lol just lol if Mazda ditches their best usp (actual switchgear) for capacitive buttons.

Not the same, but pretty close.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I mean that could be virtually any new EV interior tbh, they've all converge at this point and they're all dull as ditchwater.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Just give us the affordable EV wagons you assholes :argh:

Co-signed

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Just give us the affordable EV wagons vehicles you assholes :argh:

I fix

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

:sigh: This too. For the same money I can either get a new hot hatch or build a nice oversized shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTXrhA5DJ0

Still one of the dumbest car names I've ever heard of, but at least someone's making an "affordable" EV roadster.