Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheBacon posted:

Ok ok that’s some color. Next though I am going to need you to convince BMW corporate (you obviously have a direct line) to bring the M3 touring here. I’ll buy one from you personally and pr0jayhawk will too. That’s enough sales to justify it right? Oh and stick please tia

Same but an M340i Touring plox :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The big bmw grills are important so you know to move over when one is behind you in the highway

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

kill me now posted:

. Or would you prefer another black/white/silver/grey car?

I'd prefer one that doesn't have a grille that looks like a can of smashed up dog poo poo.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Saw an M4 the other day and still Nope on the grills.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

There's a Dodge dealer near me that was selling a bunch of new '23 V6 Challengers for $20k :v:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You can get a manual v8 challenger for under $30k before any haggling

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

euphronius posted:

The big bmw grills are important so you know to move over when one is behind you in the highway

Don't forget the light up grill option so people know even at night

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

TheBacon posted:

Ok ok that’s some color. Next though I am going to need you to convince BMW corporate (you obviously have a direct line) to bring the M3 touring here. I’ll buy one from you personally and pr0jayhawk will too. That’s enough sales to justify it right? Oh and stick please tia

I would definitely pay a $1300/month payment for a manual m3 touring in the US

But how about $1900/mo for an M5 touring which may or may not actually happen?

wesleywillis posted:

I'd prefer one that doesn't have a grille that looks like a can of smashed up dog poo poo.

Well unfortunately cans of smashed up dog poo poo sell, no matter how angry it makes internet commenters

https://www.bmwblog.com/2024/01/04/...rs%20in%202023.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There's a Dodge dealer near me that was selling a bunch of new '23 V6 Challengers for $20k :v:
Oh that’s why I got one as a rental instead of an econobox. I thought I got lucky, but it costs LESS than whatever tiny Kia they were gonna give me.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

kill me now posted:

Well unfortunately cans of smashed up dog poo poo sell, no matter how angry it makes internet commenters

I think the grotesquerie of current BMW grills does a great job of announcing the brand identity, which in turn makes it a great way for the driver to advertise being wealthy enough to drive a BMW. The fact that's fugly is not relevant to this sort of owner.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Remulak posted:

Oh that’s why I got one as a rental instead of an econobox. I thought I got lucky, but it costs LESS than whatever tiny Kia they were gonna give me.

It's actually a great new car deal while it lasts, 300 hp V6 mated to an 8 speed trans that's an ok combo, not horrible by any means. What else could you even get at 20k close to that?

I rented a Charger GT with the same combo for a week last year and it was actually pretty good especially on the highway. Wasn't impressed with the trans on the back roads but it's not that type of car. If you could get one with a manual it would be a screaming deal.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I think the grotesquerie of current BMW grills does a great job of announcing the brand identity, which in turn makes it a great way for the driver to advertise being wealthy enough to drive a BMW. The fact that's fugly is not relevant to this sort of owner.

People who aren’t chronically on the internet hearing the “BIG GRILL BAD” echo chamber on every post may in fact actually like the way it looks. I know this sounds crazy, but there are absolutely people who like the way it looks without some weird “it’s ugly so people know I’m RICH” justification.

The roundel on the front and back are all people who think like that need.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's actually a great new car deal while it lasts, 300 hp V6 mated to an 8 speed trans that's an ok combo, not horrible by any means. What else could you even get at 20k close to that?

I rented a Charger GT with the same combo for a week last year and it was actually pretty good especially on the highway. Wasn't impressed with the trans on the back roads but it's not that type of car. If you could get one with a manual it would be a screaming deal.

I always like getting Challengers when I rent. Decent power, fairly quiet, and an all around very comfortable couch.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
They still sold more 4 series back in 2015 then the dumb internet troll versions of 2020+. You can't count the i4 in those new numbers as well.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 25, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Challenger is indeed an ideal rental.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

They still sold more 4 series back in 2015 then the dumb internet troll versions of 2020+. You can't count the i4 in those new numbers as well.

While that’s true, the overall trend of car sales is falling so it’s not really a direct comparison.

I’d tolerate the bad grill in the car segment because you get a hatch.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 25, 2024

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

kill me now posted:

Personally I don’t like the nose but I would hope eventually for an aftermarket solution.

I don’t think I can get approved for the whatever $160k M5 (also I have dino brain and the hybrid plus no stick is less appealing, I’d probably look into importing an E61 instead lmao). Which it is funny how much I have grown okay with the bangle stuff (outside the 7 series rear end).

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kill me now posted:

People who aren’t chronically on the internet hearing the “BIG GRILL BAD” echo chamber on every post may in fact actually like the way it looks. I know this sounds crazy, but there are absolutely people who like the way it looks without some weird “it’s ugly so people know I’m RICH” justification.

The roundel on the front and back are all people who think like that need.

Didn't BMW issue a press release that stated that 40% of their customers liked the new grill?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrLogan posted:

Didn't BMW issue a press release that stated that 40% of their customers liked the new grill?

Damning with faint praise

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Full Collapse posted:

I always like getting Challengers when I rent. Decent power, fairly quiet, and an all around very comfortable couch.

I've had my T/A for about 5.5 years and love, love, love it. I would buy another in a heartbeat if I lost this one somehow, but plan on keeping it for life. It's a member of the family. We've been idly looking at a second car for my wife and everything out there is just so...disappointing. I'd make an effortpost long term review but that's not for this thread.

I haven't read anything about it so I'm really hoping Dodge doesn't gently caress up the new electric Charger too hard because that could be a cool successor

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

TheBacon posted:

(also I have dino brain and the hybrid plus no stick is less appealing, I’d probably look into importing an E61 instead lmao).

E61 M5 didn't come with a stick, so get prepared to spanner it yourself.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

BuckyDoneGun posted:

E61 M5 didn't come with a stick, so get prepared to spanner it yourself.

Yeah but swapping a transmission is a lot loving easier than swapping the whole drive train and doing a bunch of bodywork. Plus they get blown up so much here finding a trans will be easy as cake. I am aware of the ease as I have very seriously gone down the research hole for S65/M3 swapping my E91.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

davecrazy posted:

Grills on current gen BMWs are obnoxious.

I always hated the kidney grilles.

Apparently, they actually could get worse

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm sorry. What?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KillHour posted:

I'm sorry. What?

That was part of the rumor of the touring coming to the US

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

kill me now posted:

Proof that money can't buy good taste

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

TheBacon posted:

That was part of the rumor of the touring coming to the US

That's almost 20 grand more than the M5 CS from last generation. I just don't see it.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

kill me now posted:

lol at the framing of this article. "Customers bought this car that is a composite of thousands of features... must have been BECAUSE of this one feature!"

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KillHour posted:

That's almost 20 grand more than the M5 CS from last generation. I just don't see it.

That didnt need to homologate a body just for itself is all I got :shrug: it is in panamera sport turismo turbo range

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Residency Evil posted:

Add me to the list. 100%. Would make a perfect dad/ski/bike car.

Edit: i don't even need the stick. Just bring over the one they're selling now.

Yeah I would order an M3 Touring today if I could. Wouldn't even hesitate for a moment. I'd probably add a bunch of poo poo I don't need like individual color and carbon ceramic brakes.

Stick would be nice but after living with the Alfa's 8HP transmission the last three years, it's pretty drat good. I've almost given up on having a manual daily so whatever. Just give me paddles and make cool sounds, that's all I want.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Yeah I would order an M3 Touring today if I could. Wouldn't even hesitate for a moment. I'd probably add a bunch of poo poo I don't need like individual color and carbon ceramic brakes.

Stick would be nice but after living with the Alfa's 8HP transmission the last three years, it's pretty drat good. I've almost given up on having a manual daily so whatever. Just give me paddles and make cool sounds, that's all I want.

Same. I keep going back and forth on an X3M and I know in my heart it would be almost impossible to leave the dealership if there was a murdered out black M3 Touring sitting there for me to grab.
And yes Id also do something more stupid like ordering it in Individual Velvet Blue with a ton of options I dont need.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Muscle Tracer posted:

lol at the framing of this article. "Customers bought this car that is a composite of thousands of features... must have been BECAUSE of this one feature!"

Its more that they didn't not buy it because of this one glaring thing that the internet says is bad. Whether people are buying it in spite of the grill or because of it, the fact that it is selling well enough as a sedan/coupe these days is going to be seen by BMW as a success and will encourage them to continue putting out designs that stray from the traditional BMW look.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Tesla requiring mandatory FSD "demo" for new customers or cars returning from service.

Guess there aren't enough people shelling out $12,000.00 American dollars for it?

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I would love even an M340i touring or an M340d touring or an Alpina B5

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Don’t worry guys I’ll make sure to catalogue a 3-series touring assuming the EV Neue Klasse touring models come to Japan, which I assume they will, because we still get plenty of wagons over here.

At least I’ll try to crawl all over one at the dealer sometime :v:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Genesis is apparently doing their own AMG/M thing and calling it "Magma"

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60301240/genesis-magma-performance-gv60-concept/

I don't love that they're starting with the crossover and that the G80 sedan is going to be middle east only, but at least the color is cool.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

:airquote: Magma :airquote:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can't imagine anyone in the world is like, "I like the GV60, but I wish it was faster"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I can't imagine anyone in the world is like, "I like the GV60, but I wish it was faster"

Then explain all the X3M's people buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:shrug: The X3 looks fine as far as SUVs go. GV60 is gently caress ugly.